IGNORED

Qobuz in US: When?

10 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Roon is also very important because it allows the many people who own network players, and streaming devices (Aurender, Lumin, Auralic, etc. etc. etc.) to upscale PCM to various levels of DSD, and change many other setting to tweak sounds. Without using an actual pc, and associated software such as JRiver, Audirvana, Amarra, I know of no other way to do this. 

JC

I am surprised it is not mentioned more, but my primary interest in Roon is its ability to integrate with HQPlayer. I do not care so much about Roon, but I feel that HQPlayer is integral to my system. I rely on SDM/DSD based DACs for my music systems, and HQPlayer's conversions are key elements in my listening. The only reason I use Roon and Tidal are because of that. If Qobuz were to integrate with HQP directly, I'd drop Roon and Tidal in a heartbeat. I would not begin to know if this is up to Qobuz, or Signalyst(HQP), but I am sure that I am not alone in this. Qobuz>Roon integration would be fine, and a second choice for me.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

29 minutes ago, rickca said:

Qobuz is working on support of UPnP renderers.  HQPe is a UPnP renderer.  Voila.

Frankly, I am not sure if I want to go down the HQP embedded route. I am not sure if I have the chops to pull it off for starters. I also use two machines, and that is two licenses if I understand it. I already own a Win, Mac and Linux combined one.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz