IGNORED

Qobuz in US: When?

On 12/30/2018 at 4:23 PM, left channel said:

@TubeLover I believe you can also stream Qobuz (and Tidal, without MQA) through an ultraRendu using:

* BubbleUPnP on the ultraRendu and the Linn Kazoo controller app on another device, or

* Squeezelite on the ultraRendu and LMS (Squeezebox Server) on the sonicTransporter, with any compatible controller app including a web browser.

I subscribe to both Qobuz and Tidal, and use the LMS/Squeezelite solution to stream Hi-Res from Qobuz and CD-quality from Tidal all the time. Also the Radio Paradise FLAC streams, and lots of other good stuff.

Hey Left Channel - Happy New Year! - I'm interested to know more about LMS/Squeezelite and the Radio Paradise Flac streams. Any way to feed my Lumin D1?..... still waiting on Roon for this...

On 1/1/2019 at 1:37 AM, left channel said:

And HNY to you! Maybe there's a way. At minimum you can listen to a lower-res Radio Paradise "Main Mix" stream using the TuneIn app on the D1. But you probably already knew that. Other than the official RP single-device web and mobile apps, LMS is the only way to get all the RP streams and get them in CD-quality FLAC, and it will serve them up on your network.

You'd need to install LMS (it's free) in a computer, add the Radio Paradise plug-in and the UPnPBridge plug-in, and then hopefully LMS will find the D1 as a UPnP player on your network. A lot will depend on Lumin's UPnP implementation, but you may be good-to-go, and could control playback from your phone or tablet.

I recommend you also install the Material Skin plug-in; it really updates the interface on both the desktop and the mobile web app. No Squeezelite needed in this case. Want to try? 

RP-streams.thumb.jpg.07d713ec1585ce336c35fc395468ce10.jpg

Thanks for the quick response...I think I'll give it a shot when I have some free time - Cheers!