IGNORED

Qobuz in US: When?

• 1 month later...

On numerous occasions Qobuz staff who maintain accounts here have subtly noted cultural differences are at the root of delays.  On the whole their European user base is more sophisticated, less tech focused, and have a laissez-faire attitude towards problems. 

Post-dating threats to rage quit after passing advanced judgement for uncommitted sins based on clicking around the site once doesn't help our case. As a forum or a representative body of interested consumers. Relax.  Talking too much about a company looking to do business over here is impossible from their viewpoint.

Seeing people getting worked up to the level some have been capable of over the US launch is disconcerting to me.  Again, this is cultural and can only add to the confusion/delays. Qobuz will stand or fall on it's merits unless over eager 'helpers' 'efficiently' broadcast their outsized concerns. :)

Extra smiley for emphasis. :)

Musically they are home to a much richer heritage which coexists with current (pop) forms. It is worth noting I specified the whole user base in Europe where they are reasonably well established.  

Opinion only, but I would place their musical awareness as sophisticated in comparison with a not entirely audiophile group of American listeners eager to expand their tastes through the Qobuz catalog. Which is unusually diverse and refined in it's selections for US tastes.