IGNORED

Article: Dutch & Dutch 8c Loudspeaker Review

1 hour ago, Ron Scubadiver said:

A turntable is an analogue source, so there is no alternative but to convert it to digital at some point and in a speaker with a built in DAC using it is the most direct approach.  I was thinking about a digital source like a computer could skip a separate DAC and let the electronics in the speaker do all the work.  

But, of course.  Isn't that the general intent?

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

• 10 months later...
On 1/24/2019 at 3:05 PM, asiano said:

I'm curious about which product has the better DAC and implementation as, at least for the Kii, the incoming format has to be converted since it accepts DSD and various PCM sample rates. I'm not even sure if that can be ascertained as everything is so tightly integrated in these products.

Nor should you be concerned with this issue.  Since each is a completely integrated system, there is no logical* reason why one would need to compare any parts since those parts cannot be swapped or upgraded.  One needs only to compare the intact systems.

*One can entertain an intellectual curiosity about the components but that info is a matter of engineering and does not play a role in use.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...