IGNORED

Bowie-Station To Station 24/96

OK, so the expensive Station To Station "Deluxe Edition" will include DVD with 24/96 LPCM transferred from the original analog master. Unfortunately you have to buy the most expensive version, with 5 CDs, plus Vinyl, plus a lot of fan stuff, to get the DVD with the 24/96. This is a very well engineered album, and should be worth the high res transfer, but spending ~$150.00 is a little steep.

There is also a 3 CD remaster coming out which should be good, but does not include the 24/96 DVD content. Too bad there is no other way to get the 24/96 other than buying the (over the top to me) Box.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Copied from a comment on Amazon, detailing what's in the box:

The box contains:

Album sized box with lift off lid

CD 1: 2010 transfer of Station To Station from the original stereo analogue master

CD 2: Station To Station 1985 CD master

CD 3: Station To Station single edits five track EP containing Golden Years, TVC15, Stay, Word On A Wing and Station To Station

CDs 4 & 5: Live Nassau Coliseum '76

DVD containing the following...

Station To Station (original analogue master, 96kHz/24bit LPCM stereo)

Station To Station (new Harry Maslin 5.1 surround sound mix in DTS 96/24 and Dolby Digital)

Station To Station (original analogue master, LPCM stereo)

Station To Station (new Harry Maslin stereo mix, 48kHz/24bit LPCM stereo)

12" heavyweight vinyl of Station To Station from the original stereo analogue master in replica sleeve

2 x 12" heavyweight vinyl of Live Nassau Coliseum '76 in gatefold sleeve

24-page booklet with sleevenotes by Cameron Crowe and chronology by Kevin Cann and also including...

- Previously unpublished Steve Shapiro photo

- Geoff MacCormack photos

- Andrew Kent live Nassau photos

Replica David Bowie On Stage 1976 press kit folder containing the following...

- Replica Nassau ticket from night of the show

- Replica backstage pass

- Replica A4 biog

- Replica band line-up

- 3 x 10x8" press shots

Replica 1976 Fan Club Folder containing the following...

- Replica fan club membership card

- Fan club certificate

- 2 small collector cards

- 2 A4 photo cards

- Replica 4-page biography

- 2 badges

- 6 panel folded Steve Shapiro photo poster of Bowie kneeling

It all strikes me as a bit random. Like (just my guess) a lot of the potential buyers for this I'm not a teenager so why on earth do they think I'd want posters, photos and replica souvenirs?

High quality, high resolution versions of classic rock for download at normal iTunes/Amazon etc prices - yes please.

Nicely packaged physical products of same with a slight price premium - maybe, it sure beats clothes shopping when I get dragged kicking and screaming to Braehead shopping centre.

A freaking great big box containing half a dozen versions of the same music with assorted random printed tat at 'HOW MUCH??' prices - no thanks.

I've already bought this album on vinyl, cassette and cd. Haven't I already paid enough times for it to be allowed to buy it one more time without being fleeced?

This is my grumpy old man face.

• 4 weeks later...

how does this compare to the other station to station DVD-A?

Macbook Pro 2010->DLNA/UPNP fed by Drobo->Oppo BDP-93->Yamaha RXV2065 ->Panasonic GT25 -> 5.0 system Bowers & Wilkins 683 towers, 685 surrounds, HTM61 center ->Mostly SPDIF, or Analog out. Some HDMI depending on source[br]Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To A Leash And Walking It Like A DoG[br]

how does this compare to the other station to station DVD-A?

Macbook Pro 2010->DLNA/UPNP fed by Drobo->Oppo BDP-93->Yamaha RXV2065 ->Panasonic GT25 -> 5.0 system Bowers & Wilkins 683 towers, 685 surrounds, HTM61 center ->Mostly SPDIF, or Analog out. Some HDMI depending on source[br]Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To A Leash And Walking It Like A DoG[br]