IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

On 1/7/2020 at 3:18 PM, Canti1982 said:

I'm having issues running my Digione Signature with 24bit 96khz content, sometimes it plays fine but other times it seems to not output correctly to my dac (chord qutest). It causes the qutest to cycle through all the different frequency inputs. This has happens with both Ropiee and Dietpi. 

Almost seems like a bandwidth issue but it's running over a gigabit network, not sure why it's failing. Connecting my computer running Roon directly to the dac works perfectly at the same time so it's definitely related to the Digione Signature. 

Any thoughts? Not very happy as I bought it thinking it would play 24bit 96khz perfectly. 

Have you used the same optical cable in other setups without issue? 

• 6 months later...
33 minutes ago, Kamuisan said:

I have the USBridge Signature Player

https://allo.com/sparky/usbridge-signature-player.html

with the Digione Signature addon. So I suppose it has the isolator board and everything is hooked up correctly to provide clean power to Digione Signature. Have not opened the unit, but I can do that to confirm.

Thanks,

Marcin

I run the USBridge Sig/DigiOne Sig combo powered by a Shanti and feed the USBridge and the "clean" side of the DigiOne Sig with the two outputs from the Shanti.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Boleary3 said:

I found the Digione Signature mounted atop the USB Signature Bridge to sound significantly better than the stand alone Digione in the plastic case. Also, I prefer the Digione output over the USB output of the Bridge. YMMV

Same. Plus the USBridge has a nice case that's actually worthy of sitting next to my other gear whereas the DigiOne was cheap looking so I hid it away when in use. 

3 hours ago, uniquesnowflake said:

There's one (big) caveat that I forgot to mention about my USB Sig+Digione Sig setup.

In Allo's stock configuration, the power for the "clean side" has to go through a Type-C extension cable that is connected to a DC socket at the back panel.

I suspect this has a noticeable detrimental affect to power delivery, which *may* be the reason why Digione Sig owners don't notice a noticeable improvement, especially since the clean side is critical to its performance. 

So instead, I skipped the cable and Type-C connector, and went directly to the board. The additional CLC filter is nice but not necessary, cdsgames said it could help so I thought why not ;)

If you have decent soldering skills or can find someone who does, I strongly recommend this mod. You'd be surprised!

afb6a53d240eeddb2a79dd204775c54c.jpg.38835fd680db1230612827c688313be3.jpg

2 minutes ago, suzywong said:

certainly, I found that changing the power supply to the DigiOneSig made a  significant difference, as did Heckyman; indeed our trials with the Cuinas Audio Supercapacitor PS on a RPi3+DigiOneSig are well documented in a thread on Pink Fish Media. In my case including two barrel to USB-C adaptor cables from Cuinas to the DigiOneSig. Even more interesting was at that time, the two secondary supply outputs on the Cuinas were connected together, which was supposed to detrimental to the DigiOneSig. Nevertheless,  the improvement of the Cuinas over "RPi PSU on the dirty side and battery pack on the clean side" was clear and substantial.

IIRC the sequence, I then invested in the USBridgeSig as the host from the DigiOneSig (still with the Cuinas supply), followed a month or so later by the Shanti replacing the Cuinas. Neither of those changes had the same impact that the Cuinas did, but then neither was detrimental to SQ. So I've left it at that.

Is there a how-to on this mod?  I've got a nice soldering iron and some free time, I'd like to give it a go and see what improvements there are to be had.  TIA!