IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

1) I think that my system is sounding super well.

2) I just plug my new second Lush^2 🤗 (replacing a first generation Lush)

• So now: SOtM tX-USBexp PCI express USB 3.0 with sCLK-48.0 >  Lush^2  >  ISO-Regen  >  Lush^2  >  T+A DAC 8 DSD
  • All Lush^2 at current default (A: B-W-Y-R,  B: B-W-R)

3) 24H of non-stop burn-in without listening

4) Well, how to say that: Wow WOw WOW: Shamanising 😀 my 😀 hearing 😀 system 😀 or 😀so?

• More presence of instruments
  • Richer grain
  • More Texture
  • Soundstage wider and deeper
  • Balanced energy
  • 1 month later...

Now, I use Windows Server 2019 Core + the new AO3.0 + a "new for me" JCAT NET Card FEMTO.

I consider that the Burn-in of the 2 X Lush^2 and JCAT Net Card is "over".

I also change from PNF to A:B-R+W-Y  B:B-R  on the 2 Lush^2.

I'm very very satisfied with this punchy and in the same time relax SQ.

More detail about the full audio system at: https://audiophilestyle.com/profile/30314-gato/?tab=field_core_pfield_3

Always using Windows Server 2019 Core + AO3.0 + JCAT NET Card FEMTO.
After Burn-in of 2 X Lush^2 and JCAT Net Card, now I consider that the Burn-in of the Blaxius^2 Interlink 75 Ohm (audio RCA used) is over too.
I return from "A:B-R+W-Y  B:B-R" to PNF on the 2 Lush^2: more natural sounding on my system.

To be noted: Blaxius^2: A:B-R-W+Y   B:B-R-W+Y: Wide soundstage
More detail at: https://audiophilestyle.com/profile/30314-gato/?tab=field_core_pfield_3

2 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Blaxius^2

Very nice to see someone reporting on the Blaxius^2. Of course I realize that I did not start a dedicated thread for it because it could be too much of it in A/S. Meanwhile, however, people ask me daily (last one a few hours ago) whether there's a thread for the Blaxius^2 somewhere.

I think that everybody owning the Blaxius^2 now (whether the analogue version or the digital version dedicated for the M Scaler) also knows about the Lush or Lush^2 so I suppose it could be a reasonable idea that people post their findings in this thread about the Blaxius^2 or Blaxius^2-D just the same. The more this happens, the more people benefit. And t.b.h. you are - I think - the first to come up with a configuration for the Blaxius^2 from own finding, which also means that I myself don't even try others. Now I have one to try ... and it even relates to the Lush^2.

(I myself keep notes on the combinations of Lush^2 and Blaxius^2, but it may drive you crazy if "just trying" so all the help is welcomed)

Btw, Gato, because I don't know who you are in real life, I can't tell whether you use the Analogue version, maybe even twice in digital operation:

image.png.551c91886a3ded1af4c88a9db50b6a95.png

Or whether you use the Blaxius^2-D, also "double" (because you bought two, which I can't see because most go in a pair (M Scaler)).

I hope this is not too confusing for people, but the Blaxius^2-D emerged for the M Scaler indeed, not because else it would not be able to do SPDIF (the normal Blaxius^2 is just fine with that) but because the M Scaler in particular does not like the triple shielding without one shield being fixed. So the -D version is a kind of on the safe side for digital applications, the M Scaler in particular. And the mere technical outlay: it is expected that the somewhat higher frequency of two (very) adjacent SPDIF cables (the outer sides only a few mm apart) influence each other at the highest SPDIF speed per single cable (32/768). And in that case: no handshake.

Hi Peter,

At Phasure, it was ORDER #NL11354, 17 May 2019: Blaxius^2 Interlink 75 Ohm (pair) × 1 with RCA to BNC adapters.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, FileMakerDev said:

First off I want to express my gratitude to everyone who has posted configuration settings. I haven't come up w/ anything original that I felt was good enough to share, but I have benefited enormously from those who have.

Next I'll comment on this afternoon's listening experiments (except it sounds so good now, it's hard to pull myself away long enough to type this). The relevant portion of my audio chain looks like this...

microRendu > Lush^2 > ISO-Regen > Lush^2 > Lampizator Big 7

...and for the last month I've had both my Lushes configured as JWYRJJ on both the A and B sides... where "J" indicates a perpendicular jumper attached to a single pin. I was happy when I chose that configuration, and then I got distracted by life and work, and didn't do much critical listening for about three weeks. However, over the last week or so I've had more time to just sit and listen, and while my system sounded very good, it seemed a bit clinical and I felt something was missing.

So today, intrigued by the recent postings here, I decided to try a couple new configurations out. Note: all changes were applied to both Lushes.

My first experiment was to remove the jumpers from my current config, which gave me JSSG360cubed, i.e., xWYRxx on both A and B. To be honest, and at the risk of exposing myself as a tin-eared Philistine, I couldn't hear any difference.

Next I decided to give TANF ( A: xWYxxx, B: xWYRxx ) a shot. Wow. Double wow. The missing magic materialized in spades... first off, there is a ton more going on with the high frequencies. Second, there is some extra energy in the lower midrange that resonates in my body and feels so damn good. I have a clearer sense of precise placement of each instrument in the sound stage (not surprising given that I'm hearing more highs), and for lack of a better term, the music feels more three-dimensional... palpable and sweet.

After about a half hour of enjoying this I decided to give JSSG360cubed another shot (just a matter of reconnecting the red wire on the A side). The difference was not subtle. The sound stage collapsed and the magic vanished. Hard to believe that one tiny change could make such a significant difference.

Bottom line: as of today TANF is my new favorite, and you might want to give it a try. (If your system is on the bright side to begin with, it could be too much.)

I agree with at least two WOW to!

Music feels so more three-dimensional... palpable and sweet that I can't leave the listen room.

Since today I use:

PS

• To be noted my HQPlayer settings:
    • NEW since today: Buffer time: 250ms (coming from "default")
    • Oversampling: poly-sinc-xtr-mp-2s
    • Modulator: ASDM7EC
    • Bit Rate: 48k x 256
    • Multicore DSP: greyed