IGNORED

BNC rules over RCA for coaxial connections!

Hey all,

I have wanted for years to use BNC as my connectors for sending digital audio between a transport and DAC.

The M2tech Hi-Face is an awesome interface which truly makes my tunes sound much more like music.

I have been using Chris Sommovigo (Illuminati, Stereovox, Stereolab) designed digital cables for years. I first hooked up the Hi-Face with a Stereovox XV2 using BNC at the Hi-face with the RCA adapter at the DAC.

Earlier today, I had the RCA taken out of my Audio Note kit tube DAC and a Kings female 75 Ohm chassis mounted connector was installed.

I listened for two hours earlier and I was so drawn into the music. I am thrilled that I hear better sound across the board and much more air and texture and decay.

Now we have our heatwave and high humidity or I would be listening right now.

The recordings I listened to never sounded better even during this heat which draws the AC to bad levels at times.

My DAC was from a kit so I can change parts and make adjustments. I have a coaxial cable inside the DAC that connects from the input to the digital board.

From what I can tell you without having access to a measuring device such as a scope, I am getting a true 75 Ohm impedance matched signal with very little if any , reflections.

There are DACs out there that have BNC coaxial inputs. For those of us who love to use our computers as transports, i urge you to check out and audition the M2tech Hi-face, then the upgrade called the EVO and use BNC at the DAC and the Hi-Face (Evo).

Be sure to use a true 75 ohm digital coaxial cable such as the Stereovox XV Ultra, XV 2 or the Black cat cable Veloce.

The integrity of the signal between transport and DAC seems to be so critical I urge you to follow my lead.

Liz out

Powerbook G4 15 inch Aluminum, \"Fidela,\" M2tech EVO (BNC)with RF attenuator,dedicated PSU, Stereovox XV Ultra (BNC) Audio Note Dac Kit 2.1 Level B Signature Upgraded to 12AU7 tubes, ARC SP-16L Tube preamp , VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp), Vintage Tubes, Furutech ETP-80, (Alon 2 Mk2, (upgraded tweeters, Usher Woofers), Pangea Power cords, Omega Micro Active Planar PC. Signal Cable Silver Resolution ICs.

I changed my DACs SPDIF input to 75 ohm BNC (Amphenol) and it was a considerable upgrade. (using Stereovox XV2).

It is really annoying to me that any companies choose to use RCA jacks for SPDIF interfaces.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Hey Barrows, I am glad to read you are doing what I did. I am guessing the BNC on the hi-face is Amphenol. I am fortunate to have the "Kings" or I would have used an Amphenol. I loved the XV2 and now I use the XV ultra. Believe me, it is superior!

The BNC interface is clearly superior in it's ability to bring you closer to the music.

Powerbook G4 15 inch Aluminum, \"Fidela,\" M2tech EVO (BNC)with RF attenuator,dedicated PSU, Stereovox XV Ultra (BNC) Audio Note Dac Kit 2.1 Level B Signature Upgraded to 12AU7 tubes, ARC SP-16L Tube preamp , VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp), Vintage Tubes, Furutech ETP-80, (Alon 2 Mk2, (upgraded tweeters, Usher Woofers), Pangea Power cords, Omega Micro Active Planar PC. Signal Cable Silver Resolution ICs.

I've been saying this for...........something like 20 years. Someone is finally listening.

"From what I can tell you without having access to a measuring device such as a scope, I am getting a true 75 Ohm impedance matched signal with very little if any , reflections."

Wanna bet?