IGNORED

New HDPLEX 200W LPS

I currently have three of the newer HDPlex models. Two for my speaker system and one for my headphone system. My first 100w unit had physical hum. Larry replaced it immediately.

Larry is very responsible and seems to be always upgrading his product to improve the tech and to correct issues. I do not think that one can compare his earlier models with the current ones. My three current 200w LPS's have been perfectly reliable.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

• 3 months later...

I have owned 6 HDPlex power supplies starting about 5 years ago with their 100W unit. I have encountered two issues. One early unit buzzed on my 120v AC and the most recent purchase came with a daughter board dislodged during shipping. Larry replaced the first unit and replied with the solution within minutes for the second issue.

To the point. I just replaced my last generation HD200W LPS with their newest version which uses the LT3045 regulators on the two adjustable outputs. The fixed 12/19 outputs use a different configuration (see Specs) and are rated for much higher current.

This new supply powers my Roon endpoint Audiolinux NUC with 19v and my Mutec USB DDC with 7.5v which is then dropped down to 6v with another 3045.

The improvement was not subtle and somewhat of a surprise. The background is MUCH quieter and allows a lot more subtle detail to pass through. It also holds soundstage location much more precisely.

I am not sure which of the two outputs account for most of the change but am very happy. It is also possible that the improvement just reflects the lower precision of the previous supply. I have no other supplies to compare other than the stock SMPS's.

YMMV 🙂

System

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2019 at 5:55 PM, austinpop said:

And maybe someone can explain how you get a "400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX Power Supply" while fed from a single 19V rail of a 200W (or 160W?) LPS?

I have one that is powered by their 200W LPS and it works great for my Roon server.

System