IGNORED

USB cable for Sonore Ultras

Hello...

Just curious for any folks who have had to move on from the Sonore/Cardas USB adapter & what you chose and how does it compare.

In my case, - after trying about 6 different cables, - the Sonore adapter is the best by a significant margin.

WOuld appreciate any thoughts. (FWIW: the $900 Cardas USB cable is outside my realm of possibility).

Cheers,

I am not sure what the rest of your system is like but I have a high resolution system behind my UltraRendu. That UltraRendu is powered by the Uptone LPS-1.2 (and now upgraded GAC Gotham UltraPro star-quad DC cable).

I originally started out with a MicroRendu nearly 2 years ago now and the USB adapter that came with the box was soft, no clarity and soundstage-missing kind of affair. I tried the Kimber Select KS-2436 USB cable in the shop and liked it a lot; so much so that I bought it. I still use that USB cable today and do not regret the purchase one iota. In fact I am happy with my purchase and don't see changing that anytime soon.

I note your comment about a $900 cable being outside your realm of possibility so I apologise for giving my experience which was at least double that apparent budget of yours.

Regards

GG

On 7/27/2018 at 6:54 PM, GryphonGuy said:

I am not sure what the rest of your system is like but I have a high resolution system behind my UltraRendu. That UltraRendu is powered by the Uptone LPS-1.2 (and now upgraded GAC Gotham UltraPro star-quad DC cable).

I originally started out with a MicroRendu nearly 2 years ago now and the USB adapter that came with the box was soft, no clarity and soundstage-missing kind of affair. I tried the Kimber Select KS-2436 USB cable in the shop and liked it a lot; so much so that I bought it. I still use that USB cable today and do not regret the purchase one iota. In fact I am happy with my purchase and don't see changing that anytime soon.

I note your comment about a $900 cable being outside your realm of possibility so I apologise for giving my experience which was at least double that apparent budget of yours.

Regards

GG

Hi GG

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. My experience in my system with Kimber is less than stellar. But I have heard some A-Mazing Kimber analog cables at CES and other shows. Thank you again for your suggestion.

Cheers,