IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, biosailor said:

I, too, don't use my subscription credentials. So you're free to use whatever log in credentials you want to use to have access to Qobuz Club.

Dear biossailor -- Thanks for letting us know about this!  Two questions, if you will:

1) When I tried to create a new account (twice with different credentials), the site told me only "Account Not Created," which I thought was pretty unhelpful.  I suspect that they recognize the email address from my existing Qobuz account and want me to use those credentials.  (And when I tried to log in with my those, it told me that I must agree to share my credentials with "Circle," whoever they are.)  How did you make this work?  Use a different email address?

2) Have you found anything useful in the "Qobuz Club" in the way of troubleshooting or help using Qobuz, that for which people seem to have been using this forum?

Regards -- JCW6

1 hour ago, biosailor said:

1) I must admit I THOUGHT I had used different log in credentials than the one from my Qobuz subscription. Now I am not so sure anymore …

2) The forum is very recent. My impression is that there are not yet many tech savvies around to go deeply into the technicalities of Qobuz...

Dear Br -- Thanks for that reply!

For you and others who might not want to share your Qobuz account credentials with the Qobuz Club, I can now confirm that it's not necessary.  I used a different email account and a new password, screen name, DOB, etc. to create a new account in the club, and allowed it to access those credentials.   (I didn't even have to confirm my email address!)  It appears to work fine.

I didn't find the "Help and Questions" space until I did a search for "help," but this one appears most likely to have the kind of help I am seeking.  Take a look if you haven't already. -- JCW6

• 1 month later...

Mobile App (on iPhone) Complaint:  I went to the App Store to install this your Web player only to find that (according to Apple) it collects a LOT of linked personal data, some of it for gratuitously offensive purposes like "...may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies."

It's not only that I object to being tracked in general, but in this case the data collection and tracking is being done by a company to which I already subscribe and which I use daily on the streaming device in my hi-fi.  I already pay you for this service, so (A) you already know enough about me and (B) you hardly need to profit further by tracking me and probably selling my data to third parties.

I would like to use your app on my phone, but not under these conditions!  Can you explain what's really going on here? -- JCW6

Dear David (or Anyone) -- Seems there is still no way to print, save (to computer), or re-order a list of "Favorites" in Qobuz, correct?

If still no, could you please raise that on the "wish list?"

I stream Qobuz primarily through my BlueSound Note 2i but occasionally at my PC with the Qobuz Web Player (https://play.qobuz.com/user/library/favorites/albums).  The latter is where I would like to download (copy) or reorganize this list.  I asked via email couple of years ago, and Sebastien replied that there was no way then, but I had hoped you had updated by now.  Still frustrated... -- JCW6

5 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,  can you explain to me your need about

- Print

- Save

About re-order the favourites, we are working on "My Qobuz" to manage your library, the goal of this feature is to navigate in your library without the need to re-order the favourites.

Regards

Dear David -- I don't know where or how one might use the "My Qobuz" app you are working on, but I don't see how it could solve my problem.

Recall that my primary use of Qobuz is streaming through BlueSound hardware to my hi-fi, which requires using the BluOS app.  I don't see how "manage[ing] your library... without the need to re-order the favourites" will result in the favorites being ordered the way I want them in the BluOS app (or in the Qobuz Web Player for that matter).

Regarding saving and printing, I want the ability to share my favorites (preferably re-ordered) with friends who don't necessarily use Qobuz, not to mention to retain a permanent record of them either on paper or, preferably, in a PC spreadsheet or Word file.

Thanks for your consideration! -- JCW6

6 hours ago, David Craff said:

- Print

- Save

About re-order the favourites, we are working on "My Qobuz" to manage your library, the goal of this feature is to navigate in your library without the need to re-order the favourites.

Regards

David -- Did you also see my previous post complaining about privacy issues (according to the Apple app store) in the Qobuz mobile app?  Are these real?  If so, why is this kind of snooping on your own subscribers reasonable/necessary? -- JCW6

5 minutes ago, Jud said:

- Link your Qobuz account to Soundiiz through the Soundiiz website.

- On Soundiiz, select the Qobuz playlist you want to export and click “Export as File.”

- Confirm the tracklist by selecting “Text.”

- Save the exported tracklist to your device by clicking “Download File.”

Dear Jud -- Thanks!  I will check this out, but...

Does it also work with albums in my favorites.  I'm much less interested in playlists or tracks.  Regards -- JCW6

17 hours ago, Jud said:

Do you have an iPhone? When you install an app, there's a dialog from Apple that should come up, giving you the option of preventing tracking of activity on third party sites.

True, Jud, and I can also dis-allow the app from using location information; but the Apple App Store also lists the following:

Data Linked to You -- Contact Info, Usage Data, etc.

Data Not Linked to You -- User Content, etc.

Aren't these things cause for concern?  For example, I wouldn't want Qobuz (or anybody else) mining my contacts for advertising, association, advertising, or any other purpose!  Am I the only one who worries about this stuff? -- JCW6

26 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Perhaps I'm late to the party and just never noticed this, but it's pretty strage to me. When I mouse-over the heart icon the tool tip says Subscribe. I thought this used to say favorite or something similar. I can think of several words to describe a heart icon and what its functionality could be, but subscribe isn't in the top ten. 

Has this always said subscribe?

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 9.07.34 AM.png

Sorry for previous version; I see the same (for the whole album in Web Player on PC) but never noticed it either.  (I also hadn't noticed that the hollow black hearts on the individual tracks turn red, but remain hollow, when you mouse over them.  I assume these just save the track to your Favorite tracks, but I've never used it...) -- JCW6

On 5/3/2023 at 7:01 PM, JCW6 said:

111MilesToGo -- Thanks to Jud for nudging me again, I found that Soundiiz does indeed allow you to "Export" your collection of albums (all I tried) from Qobuz to, say, a .CSV file on your computer (if you subscribe to "Premium" for $4.50 month-to-month).  As you suspected, this does indeed allow you to re-organize it to your liking, say, in Excel.

It remains to be seen if importing it back into Qobuz works and if the re-organization actually survives the import.  I'll report when/if I get around to it... -- JCW6

Unfortunately, I fear this is the definitive answer, quoted from Soundiiz Help:

"While Soundiiz can add elements like Tracks, Albums, and Artists to your music collection, we cannot keep the order of the source. That means we cannot set the "added date" when adding elements with APIs to the destination platform.

"As Soundiiz can only add elements to favorites lists with APIs, this limit is for every platform listed on Soundiiz. Keeping the track order in a list is only possible for tracks in a playlist.

"Elements in favorites lists will be bulk added, and then, it's hoped the destination music service will order it (and they are all doing this differently)."

I'm not sure I understand the implications of using APIs.  Anybody see a way around this?  What about tampering with the "addedDate" column (currently empty as exported, but the Qobuz default sort order) to put them in a new order? -- JCW6

Feature Request:  Edit a Playlist

I want to be able to re-organize a playlist once created.  (I guess I can do this with Soundiiz with some effort.)

Suppose I want to compare two versions of the same piece having several tracks each.  If I have to add the tracks to the playlist in the order I want them to play, I have to bounce back and forth between the two albums repeatedly.  Much easier would be to add all the tracks from one album, then all from the other, and finally re-order within the playlist.  Apparently Qobuz does not allow this. -- JCW6

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’ve just used the drag function to reorder a playlist. 

Interesting!  In which venue?  I was trying to drag in the Web Player with both right and left click and not succeeding.  (I did not try it in the BluOS app or the iPhone app.) -- JCW6

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It's very counterintuitive. I use the Qobuz app, then select the three dots below the playlist art, then select Modify the track order. This enables one to re-order the tracks. 

Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 8.08.16 AM.png

Dear Computer Audiophile -- Sorry to bother you yet again about this, but...

It's so counter-intuitive that I can't find it.  I'm using the Qobuz app on iPhone.  I'm not seeing any three dots under the playlist art.  I see three dots above the playlist art when the list is open or next to it in the list of playlists, but in neither case is there a "Modify" option.  "Edit tracks" in the former case only appears to allow deletion, not re-ordering -- tracks aren't drag-able.  In the latter case there is only an "Edit the name."

(In the Web Player "Modify the playlist" only seems to allow editing of the name and description.) -- JCW6

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You aren’t a bother at all. This is how we help each other 🙂

Are you using a Mac and the macOS app from Qobuz? That’s what I’m using. I can test with other config if necessary. 

This playlist is shared, not sure if that matters. 

No Mac here.  PC for Web Player (but it's should be similar to the player on Mac) and iPhone for app. -- JCW6

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Easy to reorder on iOS. 

Click three dots at top. Select Edit Tracks. Then slide up/down. 

IMG_8171.png

IMG_8172.png

OK, I had already gotten to "Edit tracks."  I still can't do anything there except delete tracks.  It ignores me when I try to drag the tracks around.  What am I missing here? -- JCW6

On 5/8/2023 at 8:53 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Did you press your finger on the three parallel lines on the right of each track, hold, then drag?

Aha!  That's the trick.  (Now I just have to remember it somehow.)  Thanks!

Very counterintuitive.  Qobuz please take note!

FYI there is also a way to do this in the Web player (on PC) that's more intuitive but I had somehow overlooked:  After opening the playlist, click the three dots below the art and choose "Modify the track order," not "Modify the playlist!"  Then you can drag anywhere on a track to re-order. -- JCW6

4 minutes ago, krass said:

…that 3 bars / reordering interface is a standard interface used in many, many apps……

it’s not something Qobuz have invented themselves and not something Qobuz should change !

Thanks, krass -- I'm fairly new to iPhone and still stumbling around. -- JCW6

On 5/6/2023 at 4:45 AM, 111MilesToGo said:

...But I am waiting patiently for and looking forward to what ”My Qobuz“ is going to bring to your users - that‘s for sure! I do understand quite well that Qobuz not only has to cater to their customers, but also has to think of many more stakeholders (like Roon and UAPP in software, device manufacturers etc) who ultimately are multipliers / enablers towards the Qobuz customer base. Thanks in advance.

Dear 111MilesToGo -- I finally got response from a question to Qobuz Customer Support, but I don't think you will like it.

My Question (in part):  "It has been mentioned that something called 'My Qobuz' is in development, but I don't see how this could help with streaming devices like the BlueSound Node 2i that I primarily use, which is based on Favorites. Please advise."

Qobuz Answer:  "My Qobuz will not be able to help with sorting out your music on your BlueSound Node 2i, this is something completely separate. There will need to be a separate update for that, but I do not have any news in regards to the matter."

I'm not completely sure of your applications, but you also complained about not being able to re-order Favorites.  I read the above as saying that "My Qobuz" is not going to help us with this!  Cheers! -- JCW6

• pabl0b changed the title to Qobuz issues with Marantz Model 40n
On 5/3/2023 at 8:16 AM, David Craff said:

- Print

- Save

Regards

Dear David -- After considerable digging, I have concluded that neither Soundiiz, which does allow downloading of Qobuz favorites and then sorting them as desired, e.g. in Excel, nor "My Qobuz," about which I specifically asked Qobuz Support, can satisfy my and 111MilesToGo's need to re-order our Qobuz favorites as desired in either or the BlueSound app. or the Qobuz Web Player (which would transfer to the former).  There must be others who want this ability also!  We still need Qobuz to work on this problem.

Re. Soundiiz, using it to upload re-ordered Favorites back to Qobuz cannot preserve the re-ordering.

Re. "My Quobuz," Support answered, "My Qobuz will not be able to help with sorting out your music on your BlueSound Node 2i, this is something completely separate. There will need to be a separate update for that, but I do not have any news in regards to the matter."

Please raise this issue with the developers again, not just with the "My Qobuz" team but also with the Web Player team.  Best Regards -- JCW6

• 5 months later...

Using the Qobuz App on iPhone:  Are there detailed instructions somewhere?

I've installed the app on my iPhone 13 Pro since I got some Bluetooth earbuds for Christmas, and I'm hoping to load up a few albums for our upcoming 4-hour flight.  (I'm subscribed to the "Studio" plan.)  What's the most efficient way to do this without actually "purchasing" the albums?

I see the "Imports" button at the bottom of the screen, which seems to contain various tracks that I've played in a "offline library" but no whole albums.  I also see an "Import" button next to "Play" in the "..." menu of any album I select in "My Qobuz," but trying that now appears to run rather slowly -- something comparable to real-time over a good wi-fi connection? -- even for only CD quality.  And I don't know if I'll have to pay to effectively purchase the album, or if that only applies to permanent and/or "Hi-Res" downloads.

Also, is there a convenient way to check the amount of data stored in the phone's cache? -- JCW6

Thanks, Balthazar B -- Have you tried the "Import" approach suggested in my message?

Have you found a way to check how much data you've downloaded?

Sorry, all -- I seem to have unwittingly triggered centered text, and I don't know how to get out of it. -- JCW6