IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Hello ! 

I saw that a new version is out for android, v6.1.0.2

Is it safe to update to that? 

I am currently on 5.20.0.1

I tried the 6.0.1.7 but ran into many issues. Downloads were slow, and there are many errors with importing tracks.

Switched back to v5.20.0.1 and everything works fine again, speedy downloads and no errors at all in importing my entire library of playlists. 

I'm running Qobuz on my iBasso DX300.

15 hours ago, 111MilesToGo said:

Hi, I am not 100% fine with 6.1.0.2. I encountered some issues myself. Yes, HiRes does play now. But there are issues left.

Regarding what you encountered with 6.0.1.7: I have to admit I did not test imports or downloads. SO YOUR OBSERVATIONS ARE VERY VALUABLE. May I propose to you to install and test 6.1.0.2 thoroughly and report your findings here. That would be really helpful.

We, @DarginMahkum and myself are in contact with the Qobuz Android team and help by testing and reporting directly. We have pointed their lead developer to this thread in general, and we point out particular reports to them. I already pointed out your post above, and will mention to them further feedback from your side and others.

We need to be aware that HiRes streaming on a DAP is like a niche within a niche, i.e. lossless streaming within all streaming, and DAPs amongst all devices. Thus we DAP users need to raise our voices as loud and clear as possible, with a lot of attitude and focus.

Thank you anyway, @alpha Q, and in particular if you would go ahead and test / report on the current Qobuz Android App version.

I have tried out 6.1.0.2, and here is what i observe.

It is more reliable than 6.0.1.7, but download speed is inconsistent. There are still some errors on importing tracks, but not as common as 6.0.1.7.

Hi Res playback is okay, issues only remain with importing tracks. 

I ran these tests on multiple devices this time, on my iBasso DX300 and a Huawei Mate 10 Pro.

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2021 at 10:39 PM, Talisman said:

For the first time, I decided to download a 28-song playlist at CD quality via Wi-Fi for offline listening. My iPhone 12 Pro Max was roughly 10 feet from a router on a 500Mbps fiber connection at the time. But via the Qobuz app, I never got faster than dialup speeds, even though Speedtest said I was downloading at 508Mbps.

I gave up after 10 songs had been downloaded in an hour (as you probably know, the screen has to be awake for the downloads to continue). I tried again this morning: same result. This small playlist was a test run, as my favorite playlist has 181 songs and that would've been next. The test run obviously failed.

I tried downloading the same playlist with the Tidal app at Master Quality, and each track downloaded in a few seconds.

Is anyone else experiencing similar slowness?

iPhone 12 speed test.png

This has been happening to me ever since update 6. 

This is the download speed that i get when running on Android with apk version 5.20.0.1. I could reach up to 10Mbps on downloading tracks. Doing this on a test playlist of 67 tracks, it download all tracks in less than 5 minutes. 

4FC3C57D-1DA8-41D9-982F-9958CAC0E588.thumb.jpeg.e67df50c301de99c6a460f1f6c03f86c.jpeg

On the latest app version, apk 6.3.0.1, downloads are slow, i’d be lucky if i hit 5mbps on downloads. This is the way it behaves with everything version 6. The test playlist of 67 tracks finished downloading in 30 minutes. I have been testing on multiple android devices, it seems that none of them could download as fast as version 5.20.0.1

89581640-5E3C-42F7-8CA9-4598EC748F74.thumb.jpeg.270ee96db80d45427815b00a8c1b78ef.jpeg

3 minutes ago, starace said:

On the contrary, have been trying to make it work. It ruined 4 albums in less than an hour this morning during my commute. The issues do not stop.  Keeps deleting files at random when offline. It may not matter when I leave online to offline. As long as it is offline, the following two error messages occur "Error. Could not complete the operation" and most critically, "Internet connection not available" (meaning the offline track was deleted, no longer accessible, and needs to be re-imported.)

Happens with Qobuz 6.3.0.1 running alone, never happens with all other apps whether alone or with a busy Android environment.

(It's not about New York or New Yorkers. If you do not like the City fine, but it's not related to Qobuz or issues with its software. Been trying too hard to make the app work well. It's nit lack of effort on my part. These errors should not happen whatever your views on New York or a "fast life" are.)

Same thing has happened to me ever since version 6 dropped. Across multiple updates, and testing between some android phones and DAPs i will have import errors, missing tracks. 

For now i am remaining on apk version 5.20.0.1 as it is still the most stable version for me in terms of download speeds and tracks not getting removed randomly. Try using that version instead, it might help. 

Hoping app functionality improves but seeing as we’re on 6.3.0.1 now it doesn’t seem likely it will get close to 5.20.0.1 stabilty.