IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Hello,

Probably I am not the only one experiencing this issue with the Windows app: when I stop playing music (pause or stop, with or without exiting the app), then often other Windows applications are unable to play sound.  (this is very annoying when you receive an incoming call from work colleagues!) 

I may have experienced the opposite too: sound working in Windows but not in Qobuz.

I can remediate the problem by letting Windows troubleshoot it (at the end it reports that it has reset the generic audio driver - which is a bit weird as I'm using XMOS USB Audio).

And just now I've discovered an easier solution: restart the windows "audiosrv" service (net stop audiosrv && net start audiosrv).

But of course it would be even better if I didn't have to solve it at all!

As far as I can tell I am not using the Exclusive Mode (even if so, wouldn't Qobuz "release" the driver when the music is stopped?).

image.png.eb48f555410908d536d270b6e0babaa9.png

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edit: sorry, forgot to mention: I'm on Windows 10. Everything (Windows, drivers, Qobuz app) is up-to-date. The problem also reoccurs after having restarted Windows.

Hi,

Maybe this kind of problem is automatically detected, but sometimes a track seems broken.

E.g. https://open.qobuz.com/track/35927249 and https://open.qobuz.com/track/35927250

The tracks start playing but after a few seconds it stops and the play icon keeps spinning. A renewed attempt does the same thing, so this problem really seems related to specific tracks.

(if this cannot be automatically be detected/reported, maybe allow the user to report the issue manually?)

Thanks for having a look at this.

Best regards,

Johan

57 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Thanks for this feedback.

Can you tell us with wich application did you have this issue. And did you try with other applications.

Regards

It occured with the Qobuz Windows app. I just retried with the Android app and the track played fine. Retried again in Windows and problem reoccured. Then I used the "Delete from the cache" option on those 2 tracks which solved the issue. So apparently the downloaded tracks were corrupted? Probably this kind of problem should be countered by the app with an automatic verification & retry mechanism?

Best regards,

Johan

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

We have an issue with the desktop app about buffer and cache. This must be this one you have.

TY

Sometimes the app just crashes when starting a new track. Probably this is related to the same issue?

I can't access this album anymore: https://open.qobuz.com/album/s1jqzd5x0vjzb

Not with the Windows App and not with the web player. It's always giving HTTP error 500. I was able to play this a few weeks ago. Other albums are still working.

The Windows App often keeps crashing though. Clearing the cache isn't really a solution as the problem keeps coming back.

I've got these issues on different computers that all have very good specifications. 

Will the "issue with the desktop app about buffer and cache" be solved soon?

Thanks for your response.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

It seems that Qobuz via chromecast does not yet support gapless album play? Or is that the responsibility of the playback device (in my case a Sony HT-A7000)? I think gapless play is really important for a lot of listeners. It hurts the listening experience a lot when the music every time is abruptly interrupted.

I've searched this thread - the last time this topic seems to have come up was in 2018 (cf. link below) and at that time Roon was already able to do it. So I strongly hope this soon becomes possible for Qobuz too! Or that it's already possible in some way.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Johan

Mmmmmm, it seems that even without chromecast (just via laptop speakers) Qobuz isn't playing gapless music. I thought this worked before though? Has something changed? I'm using the Windows app, version 6.0.5-b036.

I retried after setting buffer sizes (initially 0s, then 1s and 5s) but that doesn't seem to help.

Example albums:

https://open.qobuz.com/album/ybzbebxs1rqlb

- https://open.qobuz.com/album/ub6245jkpa3fc

https://open.qobuz.com/album/0884977213669

Best regards,

Johan

• 6 months later...

Currently Qobuz doesn't have an app for LG WebOS. I don't know if there are any plans for this?

As a workaround I tried to use the web browser. The site is working very well on my LG television (OLED65B8PLA, an OLED TV from 2018), however the music does not want to play. It just keeps loading forever (infinite spinner). Any idea what's going wrong? Could this be looked into? 

Anyone else has tried on a WebOS? Is it working for you or not?

Thanks for your feedback and hopefully future fix!

23 hours ago, athegn1 said:

I have a download location problem. I have replaced my Galaxy A7 with a Galaxy A53 5G. I have used Smartswitch to copy data, apps etc across. I also transferred the SD card from the A7  to the A53.

However Qobuz now has a problem; no downloads on SD card.

The path:-

SD card > Andriod > data> com.qobuz.music > files > Music > Import cache

Is still there but Import cache is now empty. I guess this is because I had to re enter my login details on the new phone. So all downloads will need to be downloaded again;

On Internal storage there is:-

Internal storage > Andriod > data> com.qobuz.music > files > Music > Import cache with the one test download I have tried.

But I cannot see how to amend Qobuz to make the download to:-

SD card > Andriod > data> com.qobuz.music > files > Music > Import cache as I would like to.

I must have known a method in the past but cannot do it now.

Can anyone please advise before I start the long process of downloading all my music again?

@athegn1 As far as I know there is no way to transfer the offline music to a different device. I've searched for this a few days ago as I also bought a new phone. I'd found this behaviour stated somewhere, so it's by design (sorry, can't find the reference anymore).
This is a bit of a bummer. Luckily the download works something like 50 times faster on my new phone (just a Galaxy A33, so not the fastest out there).

15 hours ago, athegn1 said:

athegn1 As far as I know there is no way to transfer the offline music to a different device. I've searched for this a few days ago as I also bought a new phone. I'd found this behaviour stated somewhere, so it's by design (sorry, can't find the reference anymore).
This is a bit of a bummer. Luckily the download works something like 50 times faster on my new phone (just a Galaxy A33, so not the fastest out there).

Thank you. Will have to download again. No problem but want to download to my SD card, as I did before; just can't find how I changed the download path.

@athegn1 You can change the download path via (Qobuz App) > My Qobuz > Settings (the cog at the top right) > Storage.