IGNORED

Chords New M -Scaler

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Software support for a HiFi company is a nightmare. Ask every one of them. 

I totally agree when one consider multi platforms support. There are myriad computer configurations.  Chord is a very small company. They really struggle to meet the demand. I only got my Blu2 after one year I placed the order. I consider the demand of MScaler is even much higher. There is really no reason for Chord to produce any software version of MScaler. 

I don’t think it is true that software + computer is cheaper than MScaler. Consider one may need to address the noise problems from computers. Adding all the costs, Mscaler maybe cheaper and it definitely looks much better. 

5 hours ago, Miska said:

Last time I checked they had just 120 dB stop-band attenuation, which in my opinion is not enough, or in other words I don't see reason why not do more. That's why I use 192 dB so that it matches at least 32-bit resolution... But anyway, I think there are so many aspects in a filter design, that single parameter like number of taps is pointless without all the other information...

Can I ask how do you check? You got Blu2 or Dave?

4 hours ago, Miska said:

Is M-Scaler offering a more wonderful user interface?

No. But M-Scaler never pretends to offer any user interface. From day 1, it means only hardware.

Anyway, I concur auricgoldfinger, your HQP interface sucks big time. I gave up your software long term ago because of sound quality and user interface.