IGNORED

Mac Mini and Raid turn off procedure help

I just purchased a new Mac mini w/ 4 gig and iPad to control my desk top for iTunes and a Hitachi Raid with dual terabyte mirrored drives only to be used for storing all my iTunes Aiff folder files. The server system is plugged in an ARC DAC8 via an M2 and a BNC spdif cable.

My Mac dealer is clueless regarding a turn on/turn off procedure for the Mini and Raid. I been told never to turn on the Mini unless the Raid is on or it will mess the Mac Time machine. I'm not clear on this. It's my understanding that the Mini will only be sending data and seeing the Raid drive with I using iTunes. So, should I turn on the the Raid first so the Mini will find and Time Machine and sync with the drive at boot up and later at turn off turn the Raid off only after the Mine is turned off? I'm a newbie with servers and Computer Audiophile. Any help would be appreciated.

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.