IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

3 minutes ago, crenca said:

Exactly.  RSS is "syndication" - it is intent.  So when you publish nude photos of your wife, ask everyone to syndicate it, and $collect$ because of it, your intention matters.  Then you find out about your neighbor who is leering at your wife, and you ask him not to do so because you live next to him and your embarrassed but you continue your service to everyone else because you $benifit$.

You don't get it...

We cannot second-guess this. He could have hit a wrong button by mistake on his web app or something, or maybe he's a total idiot and doesn't even know what RSS is. Who cares the reasons. 

What we can and do KNOW is he does not intend for it to be published here, from his email. 

That CA refuses to do anything is telling for sure. 

1 minute ago, wgscott said:

So what is CA supposed to do, break into his server and change the wordpress setting for him, because he is too incompetent to do so himself?

I'm pretty sure he chooses what RSS to syndicate or not. Unless someone is actually holding a gun to his head and saying; publish ToneAudio or else? 

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @phototristan you instagram says you're an "ex Audio engineer."

Did you work for an audio company or was this a hobby type thing? Just trying to put the pieces together, not attack you or your work.

Community theatre and hobbyist for the most part. I have done sound for bands like Starship and The Platters in in a past work life. 

1 minute ago, wgscott said:

May I suggest the following remedy:

1.  Jeff Dorgay, the publisher of TONEAudio, should write to Chris (CA), apologize for the spurious accusations and threats, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless CA for the RSS posts.

2.  CA should remove ToneAudio from from the list of RSS feeds on his website.

3.  Jeff Dorgay, the publisher of TONEAudio, should change the Wordpress setting (in the unlikely event that this was a genuine error of intent).

Seems reasonable and good online citizenship to me.

6 minutes ago, Jud said:

@phototristan has now spent approximately 2000% of the time necessary to fix this on raising spurious objections to having the person primarily responsible for the problem perform the simple fix. 

I'm not saying he shouldn't, I'm saying he may not know how or he may not be capable of doing so (at least not this quickly) if his website is managed by some web admin. person or something like that.  This is not a reason to just ignore his request though. 

1 minute ago, FredM said:

The non cooperative and aggressive attitude is also wrong in my book (resp simply adjust the RSS setting and verbals). What honestly surprised me even more, why did @computeraudiophile post this online? What's there to gain, other then escalate the situation and publicly mock and bully Jeff? 

My vote: Time to add dignity and respect in the forum rules.

Yep, that's what I've been saying. 

3 minutes ago, realhifi said:

Wonder why it’s only become an issue with CA?  Clearly Jeff and Tone Audio have been around for quite some time (great website) and has of course been available to other “links” or what not so why do you suppose there is an issue with just CA?

i see links to his articles and certainly on the clearing house website “Daily Audiophile”  his site is linked to and he has no issue there.......sooooo?  

It's not the links that are the problem. CA re-published the article in it's entirety. 

2 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Wow lots of pages have gone by since last checking in so forgive me if it has already been mentioned.

I could be totally wrong here but my impression was JD didn't want to change the settings of his RSS feed but expected no, demanded Chris not to subscribe. If this is true the question is why. It's like he is implying some sort of understanding for example a gentleman's agreement or some other arrangement that compels Chris to comply. He cites that other audio websites have not trespassed into this area.

If one assumes that JD understands how RSS works, and it's a pretty good assumption because Chris told him, then his response is bizarre.... Unless there is something else going on, at least in his mind, to expect the Chris would automatically comply. Indeed if he doesn't comply he will sue the pants off him.

Now I realise this makes no sense because even if it was a gentleman's agreement I can't imagine it can be grounds to sue . I'm really just trying to explore where this guy's thinking has gone wrong

Both sites get paid by advertisers. Perhaps there are advertisers who do not want cross -content pollination.