IGNORED

16 bit files almost unlistenable now...

On 7/14/2018 at 10:43 AM, semente said:

but when I think that I'll have to re-tag everything again I change my mind. ?

Roon does that without tagging. 

Roon can show you your library by format, version, or almost anything you can think about. Use the focus function. 

On 7/14/2018 at 2:21 PM, numlog said:

Lossless volume control with UDA38Pro DAC

If you got the first production batch, it has an hardware error. 

Maybe explain your problems ?

Have you got the chance to test more expensive DAC’s ?

9 hours ago, gmgraves said:

I do not "subscribe" to software. It's a strategy born of greed as far as I'm concerned.

I totally agree. 

That’s why I paid the $499.

As I paid for my W10 licenses, that has free upgrades. So far. 

Good SW should be paid for, not rented.

Still I rent my music through Tidal, and movie through Netflix, though I’m also paying for renting and developing their SW. 

However. Somehow Roon and others need a income in order to develop and and do maintenance. The way Roon solve things with a client server approach is unlike no others. I think it can’t be compared. And in addition you get MQA first unfold. 

Roon is now developing a new mobile platform BTW. 

13 hours ago, gmgraves said:

That's just the problem. One doesn't "buy" Roon, one rents it and the rent is high!

No, wrong. You buy. That’s my understanding of a lifetime subscription.

What is your understanding ? That you rent it for the rest of your life, if so, what’s the difference and how does it matter to you ?

9 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Believe me, they don't rely on lifetime "subscriptions" for their cash-flow. I suspect most customers pay yearly (do they allow that $100/year to be paid monthly?). 

Just to be clear what your paying for:

2B3A9164-DC19-4105-B8EE-54898BD0F060.jpeg

On 7/23/2018 at 9:31 PM, diecaster said:

They do not plan on offering the lifetime subscription in perpetuity. Once that subscription is removed, the yearly subscription will be the only option. I suspect as soon as enough people avail themselves of the lifetime subscription, it will be pulled. What is "enough"? Only the Roon higher ups know that.

You’re correct. The lifetime subscription is a very good offer. 

35AABE4E-E95A-4DA2-928A-BAC75A467824.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sandyk said:

Hi Jud

It's not just the electrical noise during ripping, it's the PSU itself that mainly governs how an audio file will sound, just as with analogue.

I have previously tried to contact you to explain further and offer proof of my findings ,but you don't appear to have seen my PMs

Regards

Alex

Well, what about the chosen block size of your storage ? 

Maybe that could influence also ? ?

I personally choose the hugest possible size, as audiofiles is huge themselves.