IGNORED

Forgive me Computeraudiophiles, for I have sinned

2 hours ago, esldude said:

From the engineer of the album:

Guy Fletcher

APRIL 6, 2015 AT 1:04 AM

Hi Mark, the engineer you speak of in this article is myself….Guy Fletcher. I’d like to clarify a few misconceptions you have highlighted/created. Firstly, this IS to all intents and purposes an analog recording. Everything was recorded onto tape (using CLASP) and then resided in the Pro Tools system at 96k 24bit. ALL overdubs were treated in the same way and any ‘comping’ from multiple takes we did, were done in the digital domain. The album was mixed (using individual outputs) on an API Legacy console DIRECTLY to 1″ stereo analog tape and the CD and Vinyl were BOTH cut directly from this analog master (no digital there). The only (very small) compromise to this otherwise entirely analog project was the A-D and D-A conversion into and out of the DAW for which we use Prism converters as we rate these very highly. The reaction to the sonic quality of the record speaks for itself.

I’m happy to answer any questions about this or any other MK or GF project on my website. http://www.guyfletcher.co.uk

thanks
Guy

Thanks for this I will look for this album.

IMO even many of the Dire Straits tracks were above average SQ.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

3 hours ago, esldude said:

From the engineer of the album:

Guy Fletcher

I don't know about anyone else but I would believe anything someone called "Guy Fletcher" says, the name is as cool as "James Bond"

In a Sean Connery accent..

" Hi my name is Guy Fletcher. I take my album mixed - not shaken, not stirred - on an API Legacy console DIRECTLY to 1″ stereo analog tape "

Sound Minds Mind Sound