IGNORED

No hope for Hi-Res streaming via iTunes?

Just saw this quote from Steve Jobs:

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/30/steve-jobs-suggests-blu-ray-not-coming-to-mac-anytime-soon/

OK the context is video via Blue-ray disk versus streaming at lower resolution, for which he comes down heavily for the latter, but note the reference to hi-res audio.

Looks like he maybe inferring that he sees no need for DVD-A and SACD quality audio; streaming at CD quality (i.e. current Airtunes) is the maximum necessary in his view.

For the foreseeable future I therefore guess that those of us using iTunes over a network need to look elsewhere for hi-res audio streaming. In particular I'll be interested to see the results of the current beta testing of the PS Audio bridge product.

David

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800