IGNORED

Guns N Roses Appetite For Destruction Remastered High Resolution

New versions are definitely louder but sound good.  Streamed from Tidal through my Bel Canto nonMQA DAC I like these versions compared to the original CD version I have.  Brings me back to standing in line before the doors opened to get the album and CD at Great American Music.

That fall Guns' was supposed to come through Minnesota opening for Megadeth.  It was 3 months after the album came out and they got so big they were put on a bigger bill.  The following summer they were coming back with Iron Maiden but now they were the biggest act in music so they started headlining their own shows a week before our show.  They were replaced by Megadeth which was still a great show.  I think I saw Megadeth 3 times in 8 months, at the time I wasn't even a fan, today I am.

Megadeth's recently remastered studio versions are all very well done

Iron Maiden's remasters or just hi resolution versions are all terrible 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

36 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

P.S. Did you see Metallica and Guns when they came to town on the double-bill?

You mean at the noisydome, yep.  My seats were the in right field bleachers, not the greatest.  My friends and I at the time were partaking in a little extracurricular activity that night.  Let's just say lots of laughs and vibrant colors.  Do you remember the thunderstorm leaving the venue?  That was insane.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I love it!

My friends and I decided not to go and we kick ourselves a couple time per year because of it :~(

I've made that mistake to many times.  Nowadays I'm just plain lazy ?

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, cjf said:

Hrrrmm...The original CD has a 3db per track advantage in DR over this new "Remaster". Why am I not surprised?

I've not heard the new release but the numbers haven't lied to me yet on any "Remaster" I've tried; even before taking the measurements during direct comparisons.

No thanks, I'll stick with my feeble RedBook version instead :)

The raw cut studio versions are great.  Axl's lyrics are incomplete, the guitar solos aren't yet polished and no overdubs or mixes.  Just the guys figuring out what songs will work on the record.  I wish more bands would give the raw unmixed/overdubbed versions as bonus tracks.  Reminds me of bands playing at a house party.