IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

6 hours ago, Fleshharrower said:

I can of course do this in Jriver MC but then I can't stream Tidal through Jriver (at least not easily and not without adding a bunch of steps to the chain which kind of defeats the purpose).

I know you moksha Jehannum - spreading falsehoods is the least of your crimes!

There are several easy ways of getting JRiver MC to play TIDAL audio file tracks and still get its audio engine to perform any DSP, etc. The most obvious method would be to use A+ itself, seeing as you've posted in this thread - make sure JRiver's built-in UPnP/DLNA renderer is switched on and you should be able to select it as an audio device in A+.

Now begone, your fate with Caerroil Wildwood awaits you!

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

• 4 months later...
On 4/15/2019 at 9:45 PM, Jud said:

There is also upmpdcli, but as the "cli" indicates, it uses a command line interface rather than a GUI. 

??

upmpdcli is derived from UPnP renderer mpd client, ie, it's a UPnP renderer front-end (mpd) client application for the popular mpd (server side) audio file playing application - so nothing to do with command line interfaces!

Like any UPnP renderer, it can be controlled by any application that has a UPnP control point, so including those that also come with a GUI like Audirvana +.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

5 hours ago, Jud said:

Oh! 😬 You know what happens when you (or I in this case) assume!

But changes to upmpdcli's configuration and reports of its operation and errors are ordinarily via command line (though the developer now has a rudimentary GUI available for configuration).  Certainly GUI programs can make use of its capabilities, just as with mpd.

Ok, I see what your getting at: you're referring to whatever Linux shell CLI you are using to edit upmpdcli's configuration file, read its error log file, etc!

That's not really upmpdcli's own CLI - it has no user interface, no CLI, no GUI, nada. Changes to its configuration are done offline and upmpdcli needs to restarted for it to read that configuration file and therefore take on board any changes. So the rudimentary GUI you are referring is for an application that edits upmdpcli's configuration file, not a GUI for upmpdcli itself.

-- Jo Cox

Fair enough, sorry about that.

Your original response got me a bit fixated on it seeming to imply that upmpdcli had some sort of CLI so somehow made it different to how other UPnP renderers are controlled via GUIs, so I missed its simple intended purpose of it being a (potentially tricky) Linux command line application!

-- Jo Cox

• 4 weeks later...

Hi RafaPolit

Welcome to the forum.

How certain are you that the UPnP device discovery issue isn't a Windows and/or virtual machine problem, rather than a problem with Audirvana Plus?

For example, does your UPnP renderer appear in the Windows File Explorer (or any other application with a UPnP control point on the same machine as Audirvana Plus, for that matter) as Media Device on the Network or in its Cast To Device list, with the virtual bridge enabled?

-- Jo Cox