IGNORED

How much does it cost to be an audiophile?

1 hour ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

On any journey, flying first class costs money (so I am told).

My only "experience" was when my wife volunteered my 'services' to attend to a passenger on a flight. As a show of appreciation the stewards placed my wife in first class and gave her free champagne. How is that fair??

Last time my wife and me get free upgrade to first class on a flight from India to Emirates, Dubai airport was closed, we spent 14 hours waiting in Oman, missed our connection, and arrived to another airport instead of home airport.

34 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Ricardo, are you saying your smaller room or your system or both (the interaction) was responsible for more comfortable SQ, presuming the SPL loudness levels were matched?

Not sure if I'm on the same wavelength but I have often said I can comfortably listen to the Stones on the car radio but seldom on a HiFi. That said, along with softening all the 'rough edges' the radio also loses a lot of what I like about the Stones music.

+for Stones. The worse sound system the better they sound. Generalization, of course. The same for many rock albums from early seventies.