IGNORED

Introduction

cs

Hi All,

Following a recommendation by Ashley James at AVI, I have just joined your excellent forum, so thought I would introduce my self.

I work in the professional electronics industry as a designer of radio circuits and systems, but for many years I have had a keen interest in audio, including building some of my own kit at times.

I've been following the developments in computer audio and music servers, etc, and believe that it is definitely the right way to go, particularly in conjunction with active speakers.

Cheers,

Chris.

PS. I'm also a confirmed Apple Mac evangelist !

Hi Chris - Welcome to Computer Audiophile. I agree 100% that computer based audio is the way to go. The traditional high-end manufacturers are really being challenged by new active speakers designs and the use of music servers. Challenge and competition can only lead to better products and lower prices :-)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

i think your condition has to be quite advanced for that ;)

But i can say i remember a time - only a cople of years ago - when i said "pah! use a computer for music? what would i want to do that for? i hate the damn things"!

And now, i dont have a cd player and wont get one again.

i should say that i by no means mean to imply theres anything wrong with CDs. i simply dont have much room left to place and connect everything. im completely unqualified to comment on CDPs as when i started getting into pc music (very tentatively and even half heartedly), i had come from a cheap plasticky cd multi-changer mini system.

in other words, my interest in hifi (albeit low budget) and my willingness to use a pc as source (and the convenience of doing that) all just nicely dovetailed.

Anyway, hope my irrelevant mumblings make sense! :)

Panasonic PXP 42 V20; Panasonic DMP BD35; Sky+ HD Box. [br]Optical out from Asus P7H55-M into AVI ADM 9.1 speakers. [br]\"Music will provide the light you cannot resist\"[br]

One of the most common things being said in the audiophile world right now echoes the statements above. Audiophiles have always been anti-computer based audio, but when they start using a computer and realize the sound coming from the computer is better than their transport there is no turning back.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

buty as i say - you shouldnt think of me as evidence for that as i have no idea what i budget level (in the language of my wallet thats 2-400 GBP-ish) CD sounds like, so i cant really be used as evidence for that. i just wouldnt want anyoone to think thats what im saying as i just dont have that experience.

im by no means disagreeing - no experience, like i say - but thought it was worth reiterating.

Panasonic PXP 42 V20; Panasonic DMP BD35; Sky+ HD Box. [br]Optical out from Asus P7H55-M into AVI ADM 9.1 speakers. [br]\"Music will provide the light you cannot resist\"[br]