IGNORED

Help w/ External HDD for Mac

Need some basic help Mac OSX (Snow Leopard) commands.

I have a WD external HDD connected to my Macbook Pro. It appears to be mounted as "My Book" but it is really mounted as "My Book 1". On very rare occasions, the MB Pro has not recognized the external HDD so I probably turn off the external HDD, not exactly sure what I did but in any case, the external HDD is once again recognized. However, the external HDD gets mounted under a different name, usually "My Book 1".

I had this issue before and Jon at Sonic Studio fixed it for me because Amarra Mini was not recognizing my iTunes library, which is stored on the external HDD. I don't recall exactly what Jon did but it seemed like he was able to list all the recognized drives and the "My Book" and "My Book 1" showed up. He then (I think) unmounted one of the drives and deleted the reference to other and finally mounted the drive to "My Book".

So what I am requesting, is help with a few MAC OSX commands and the associated options to: 1) list the drives and 2) procedure to mount the drive as "My Book".

I have done a basic Internet search as well as MAC OSX forums but could not find what I was looking for. Thought this should be fairly basic to answer for some MAC OSX guys on this forum.

The one thing I have learned is that iTunes and Pure Music are not affected when the drive is automatically mounted under the new name (My Book 1) whereas Amarra Mini and Max (file conversion program) are.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. If it is best to take it offline, just let me.