IGNORED

Most of HD Tracks.com seem to be in FLAC Only

Is it my browser or what... HD Tracks.com seem to be in FLAC format. When I go to download an album is shows there is a choice but when I click on the box to choose another file type ...only flack shows up...That sucks.

Is this correct?

or is there something wrong with my browser?

Mac OS 10.6.3 with Chrome and Safari.

I did download a flac file yesterday and tried to convert it to Aiff but the Max progran reported a varity of errors. a reboot and relaunch did not help. Now I'm stuck with some HD software that I paid for but can listen to or convert.... YAAAAAHHHH

So much for the "Universal" ad at HD tracks.com

I would be nice if I could just download Aiff.

And where is their phone number.

I hate dealing with web sites that do not list the phone number.

Its like they are hiding form "The Man" or something.

End rant...maybe

Open baffle with Feastrex for the top end and 16\" AE for the bass.[br]Pass labs 30.5 drives the AE and my own 45 with Intact Audio output transformers all silver build drives the Feastrex. [br]Lynx Aurora with Antelope clock.[br]Pure Music does the crossover work. Mac mini with a SSD and a Glyph hd for the data. [br]West of the Pecos...[br]East of the Rio Grande...

Hi Phil - Don't jump the gun just yet :~)

HDtracks offers AIFF as well but not for the high resolution 24/88.2 or 24/96 material.

I've downloaded five albums recently from HDtracks all in FLAC. I use MAX every time to convert them to AIFF for playback on my Macs. What error did Max report? Something about destination unwritable?

We'll get it figured out for you don't worry.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Max did not like to send the output files to itunes... I disable that check box and it converted the files flawlessly!

BUT...

I dont want any more Redbook stuff... I want Hi rez files... 24/88 or 24/96 or better.

Why doesn't HD Tracks.com offer AIFF in the first place???

Hell, they even have a checkbox to choose (But it only gives one choice... flac)

Why do they feel the need to "punish" us Mac users?

(We all know that Macs are better)

(widoz users can't see that last line (encrypted to make that so) so don't worry about flames etc.)

End rant

Lovin Metric Halo LIO 8

wishin I could learn to use it...soon.

Open baffle with Feastrex for the top end and 16\" AE for the bass.[br]Pass labs 30.5 drives the AE and my own 45 with Intact Audio output transformers all silver build drives the Feastrex. [br]Lynx Aurora with Antelope clock.[br]Pure Music does the crossover work. Mac mini with a SSD and a Glyph hd for the data. [br]West of the Pecos...[br]East of the Rio Grande...

Hi Phil - I never use that iTunes option any more. I output the the Automatically Add To iTunes folder and iTunes takes care of it for me. Right now HDtracks is only offering AIFF on redbook because of bandwidth expenses and speed at customer's homes. I wouldn't mind downloading huge files, in fact I just downloaded a 1.2GB album from Linn Records Saturday. Didn't take very long. But, HDtracks has all the analytics to see what type of Internet connection its customers are using. It's a business decision. When it makes the most sense I'm sure they will make changes.

P.S. I do know of a cool change in the works right now that would solve your problem. I wish I could spill the beans but that's not for me to decide :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Rants are required but I am happier now that its all sorted out...

Still I do need a quick course in Metric Halo software usage.

Thanks Chris

Spring has hit Santa Fe... BOOM it's here!!

Yesterday snow...

Today Warm Spring Rain showers...

Build your own gear...

Grow your own food...