IGNORED

MQA Shill Steve Stone Provides a Good Laugh For a Friday...

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:09 PM, ARQuint said:

I'm a faithful follower of Computer Audiophile, so I feel I have the right to participate; I'm claiming no special status as an audio writer

Thank you Andrew.  Much of what you say chimes with my own observations on the MQA debate.  It strikes me that this is an issue very much driven, from  both pro and anti-MQA perspectives , by the industry rather than the consumer.    This is evidenced by the paradoxical lack of emphasis on listening experiences, given a substantial debate being played out across a range of avowedly audiophile media.  Given the overall amount of attention given to MQA on CA, it is notable that there has been little editorial content on this site concerning  MQA listening.   Related to this, it is also noteworthy  that a large percentage of comment on MQA comes from relatively recent forum dwellers who post pretty much exclusively on the topic of MQA and show no apparent wider interest in audio and music, at least  within the confines of forum participation.  

I suspect there is also the phenomenon of the "shy MQA-er" -  those who join in its condemnation in the well-known threads, whilst quietly enjoying MQA listening on their own systems.  I'm not in that category; from my listening to date I'm happy to say  that I have derived considerable satisfaction from MQA.  Its future does look precarious though and I for one would be sorry to lose it as an option.    

3 hours ago, crenca said:

package.  @Nortonand those like him think they are listening to something called "MQA" that is a kind of "greater than the sum of its parts"

You'd have done well in the Soviet Union - anyone who challenges the dominant narrative ( in the case of this site by openly admitting enjoyment of  MQA) must be guilty of "incorrect thinking".

You  can't accept an alternate perspective and thus try to intellectualise it away.  But the explanation is much simpler - I enjoy MQA simply because, to my ears, it provides a satisfyingly  accurate reproduction of live orchestral music.    As an audiophile, that's my #1 consideration.  

1 hour ago, crenca said:

going as far as to accuse us of "soviet" level propaganda

My comment was addressed to you alone.  AFAIK, only the Queen and Gollum use "us" as the first person singular.  I'll be kind and disregard the latter, which must mean you consider yourself audiophile royalty.

22 minutes ago, crenca said:

Look, you can single me out and kick and scream all you want, I'm a big boy :)

Nice try, but I'm wise to your regular tactic of trying to conflate your individual views with that of some  unspecified "we".  I didn't "single you out", you responded directly to  my post and I replied in kind, your majesty.