IGNORED

MQA Shill Steve Stone Provides a Good Laugh For a Friday...

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, emcdade said:

These threads are so repulsive that I feel like I signed up at r/thedonald.

Not a good look for this community, at all.

Why? I think the problem is too many do not question and follow like sheep. Could this community be a little more respectful while questioning? Sure, which community doesn't need a bit more. But, I think you are missing the message.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

9 hours ago, wdw said:

ROON has finally released their Version 1.5 which offers the first unfold to MQA.  Think my system is somewhat discreet...dedicated line to a power groomer, then to mono-blocks, wired with Nordost to Magico Q3’s in a dedicated room.

Took a very familiar album...likely the first that came up in the ROON/TIDAL Masters list that I felt confident to make comparison as I have same album in the library;

“Looking For The Heart of Saturday Night” by Tom Waits.  IMHO, his best.  

After that album he was, to my ears, a mimic of a  street lamp drunkard,  betraying his extraordinary talent for jazz...again IMHO.

Nevertheless, with some careful attention to the A/B, and trying to compensate for the obvious volume boost to the MQA file, I thought I heard the elusive “temporal blurring” although it was neither apparent nor easy to hear.  

I am reminded of Jonesey, the signal man, headphones on, in the Hunt for Red October trying to identify the sonic signature of the elusive catapillar drive used by the the Soviets....”...wait a minute....wait...Ok, maybe I’ve got it....”

Nevertheless, nothing worth all this fuss.  

Perhaps this is why they, MQA, never allowed us, the unwashed, to share in the listening comparisons even if we made concerted effort to find out, as was my experience, shared by many, when at audio shows and asking them to play comparison tracks.  

This was always denied.

The whole thing is stinky.

No respect for the belligerent AS Quinty and Austin, the surly arrogant Brit, am sorely concerned with the same tone of the Audiophile media.  

Why are they just a Greek chorus for this very modest change to the musical signal when it is a wholesome change to the ownership of music.

Useful idiots?  Why this high level of aggression, cooperation and obedience?

As always, ROON is completely cool for this new update.

Best

What is 'Temporal Blurring' any way? MQA described it but it was a nonsense description. Describe it so others will know what YOU mean.

You bought in to MQA hook, line, and sinker.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

11 hours ago, daverich4 said:

In your hurry to make sure that no post involving MQA went by without someone reminding us how shitty it is, you apparently stopped reading at the part you challenged. 

Nevertheless, nothing worth all this fuss”

By the way, you neglected to call him a “shill”. In case you weren’t aware of it, that’s required in every MQA post on CA. 

I am actually interested in what he is calling 'Temporal Blurr'. I think it is important for discussion purposes.

I am not trying to be a shill, but it is obvious he read the all the MQA commercials.

I am trying to show a modicum of respect while being blunt and to the point.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590