IGNORED

Why!? Please Tell Me Why!

47 minutes ago, Nordkapp said:

The lengths some audiophiles will go to never ceases to amaze me. 

Perhaps they are for connecting to 1 ohm speakers ? :D

The lengths some speaker designers go to never ceases to amaze me either.:o

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Slap double the Sales Tax on items where the manufacturers' claims can't be verified, with the additional tax being automatically diverted to Health and Education ?  Not just for electronics either !

An exception could be made for things like new Pharmaceutical drugs etc.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

12 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

how about if I blow a cloud of gas into pressure waves?

dunno if that manf. is still around...

Reminds me of the Plasma Tweeters that a friend of mine once had.

They sounded great , but were expensive to maintain.

We nicknamed them "The Flame Throwers."

41 minutes ago, mansr said:

So that's what power cords like this one are for.

winlaVBsLlwAVd7522KBFCr_hV7OYDLBON5yEn6-

Stupid is, as Stupid does !

3c8d8d2f99470e42889c73cdab27c153f68afac39a865549c434787b04738e83.jpg

8 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

I'm just the messenger here. Don't get mad at me just because you don't like the message. 

George

Must you keep posting this " If I can't measure it, then you can't hear it" type  stuff" ?

The fact remains that many people worldwide are able to see and hear things, even things like ESP, that Science has yet to fully explain. Surely, in your early days, even you had weird instances of ESP with other family members, that you now dismiss ?

Identical twins are a good example of this type of phenomenon.

Alex

1 minute ago, Ralf11 said:

Yes, I am SURE that ESP is causing the differences in power cables that people "hear" when they have a lot of expectation bias.

The Princess can certainly hear these differences!

Like most members ,I was highly sceptical of this too, until at a GTG a couple of years ago, where Audiophile Neuroscience was also present,  the host demonstrated the use of  VERY expensive power cables plugged into a cheap Bunnings Hardware powerboard under NON sighted conditions, that powered a pair of big Nelson Pass Class A monoblocks.

All present reported hearing a small improvement when using these cables.

23 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

it is possible there is a difference in the sound caused by an AC power cable (even if not an improvement)

This could perhaps also come down to improved screening of the cable when in close proximity to  sources of RF/EMI such as mains cables for SMPS powered devices. There are usually accepted scientific reasons for these things if you investigate thoroughly. 

BTW, I don't claim to hear differences between well engineered interconnects of a similar type of construction that have a decent amount of screening , unless one cable has a much greater, or lower, amount of capacitance such as with the Blue Jeans 6 foot long LC1. Some of the earlier DIN connector type interconnects had very high capacitance in comparison with modern coaxial type construction cables.

38 minutes ago, Speedskater said:

During the Christmas holiday season, hardware stores has people come in looking for male to male AC adapters. The people install outdoor decorative lights on their homes a start at the wrong end.

From the attached link ?

https://www.westlakehardware.com/frequently-asked-questions/is-there-an-adapter-out-there-with-two-male-ends-for-my-christmas-lights/