IGNORED

Issue with Pure Music

Just wondering if anyone has noticed this issue with memory play. Whenever I use itunes to jump to a new song (double click) the green available memory decreases. Every time. It just goes lower and lower. Consequently I end up with minimal available memory, less than what a song requires. I can take it down close to zero. This does not happen when I let songs progress without jumping.

Restarting PM does not reset it. Using the reset in PM doesn't either. I have to reboot to get available memory back up.

I do have 4GB or RAM.

Bryan

Dedicated 240V balanced power, Torus RM20-BAL. Mac Mini/Ayre QB-9. LSA Group Signature integrated. Eminent Tech LFT8B speakers. Real Trap and GIK bass traps.

I should ask, is this even an issue? Maybe having lots of blue, inactive memory, means there is nothing to worry about. But there is that setting on the dial in PM that concerns me. I believe PM suggests setting it right below the green/blue level. Well, if the green keeps lowering, that setting isn't ideal according to the recommendation.

Bryan

Dedicated 240V balanced power, Torus RM20-BAL. Mac Mini/Ayre QB-9. LSA Group Signature integrated. Eminent Tech LFT8B speakers. Real Trap and GIK bass traps.

I experience a similar thing. When I start up the computer, the entire dial is Green, and I set it all the way up. As I play tracks, the dial goes more and more Blue-since the PM folks advise setting the dial at start up, I am assuming this is not a problem, but I would like to hear an explanation from someone who understands exactly what is going on here? What is "inactive" (blue) memory? Is "inactive" memory available or not?

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Mac Mini, 4 Go, internal SSD, 2 To external Firewire storage for my library, Memory Play, hybrid on or off (doesn't make any difference) : I still encounter pause after playing one, two or several tracks. I very rarely can listen a complete album without interruption, gapless or not. I have then to reset PM and it goes again but for a while ... until next pause. Like if PM was sometime not able to find the following track and blocked at the end of the current one ! I tried to change the allocated memory to low or highest sizes, but no change.

I tried also the latest version or Pure Vinyl : same problem !

Besides that, it sounds great !

• Flying NOE - Driving CJ & JK - Listening Technics - B&W •

I have played the heck out of 1.2 with 44.1/16 and 88.2, 94/24. No problems here. The only thing I think is different from you guys is that I have 8 GB RAM. You should contact Rob so he can come up with a fix.

Wavelength Silver Crimson/Denominator USB DAC, Levinson 32/33H, Synergistic Research Cables and AC cables, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II with King Cobra CX cable, Wilson Sasha WP speakers with Wilson Watch Dog Sub. Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable/ Grahm Phantom/Koetsu Jade Platinum. MacBook Pro 17\" 2.3GHz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Pure Music, Decibel, Fidelia, AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable.

Deho - i have the same problem. Cured in last version (1.30) of PV i had but i've been using PM for the last week or so and now the latest 1.2 gives me track pausing problems - although PM thinks its playing but nothing comes out. Shame as its the best version yet - SQ is superb.

James

Weiss & Naim

Hi All,

I've just downloaded the demo of PM, and while the sound is superb....a definite improvement over Itunes, when I use the upsample mode I keep getting dropouts or clicks in the background.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it something that only occurs on the demo version?

Any help appreciated

Ryan

Yes I have drop outs too.

Open baffle with Feastrex for the top end and 16\" AE for the bass.[br]Pass labs 30.5 drives the AE and my own 45 with Intact Audio output transformers all silver build drives the Feastrex. [br]Lynx Aurora with Antelope clock.[br]Pure Music does the crossover work. Mac mini with a SSD and a Glyph hd for the data. [br]West of the Pecos...[br]East of the Rio Grande...

I use PM 1.2, with 4 Gb of RAM (MacBook, black), and I am running it in memory mode. If I use the upsampler (to 24/96) in PM I get occasional clicks and pops. I have no problems if I just play the file in its native resolution. I would think that the upsampler is operating at the output of the memory?

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

and clicks (and only targeted 24/96) I have 4 GB. Rob is aware of it and working on it, but asked that I try 1.2. Same issues. He also asked me to try 24/88.2 as the upsampler has less work to do on integer-multiples, so I'll try that. let us know what you guys find out. With no upsampler, and in memory and hog mode PM sounds great!

Folks:

I have a similar issue; PV usually loads 8 to 10 tracks, despite 4 GB of memory in my MacBook Pro--this occurs whether or not hybrid memory play is enabled. After the loaded tracks have played, PV stops and will not load the remaining tracks. I noticed this problem with the latest version of PV, earlier versions were without the problem.

to

Has anyone been able to use upsample...

I cant seem to get it to play anything other than 44.1k...

Help!

Open baffle with Feastrex for the top end and 16\" AE for the bass.[br]Pass labs 30.5 drives the AE and my own 45 with Intact Audio output transformers all silver build drives the Feastrex. [br]Lynx Aurora with Antelope clock.[br]Pure Music does the crossover work. Mac mini with a SSD and a Glyph hd for the data. [br]West of the Pecos...[br]East of the Rio Grande...

I am very happy I purchased PM. Right now with 1.2 I am experiencing less bugs than I did with the Amarra demo. This thread is here to report about issues, and as I see it, some of these issue are likely due to user error. Occasionally, I come across an album that will not play through (very occasionally)-if I tag that album as gapless the problem is solved. Right now I am experiencing some problems with the upsampler, but I find no sound improvement in my system from upsampling, so I have not been using it.

If one is going to be using Memory Playback, one needs to accept that control response (jumping around in tracks while playing, etc.) is going to be less capable than just playing back via Itunes-also, it seems pretty well established that memory playback of big files, and gapless playback, will require a large amount of RAM. I suspect that one of the current MBPs with 8 Gb. would be great for anyone trying to playback 24/176.4,192 files gapless.

I would like to know when the upsampling is applied in memory playback: at the output of the memory in quasi real time, or at the input of the memory?

SONORE computer audio

Thanks for your response Barrows. I initially did think the upsampler improved sound but not once the clicks and dropouts started. Still not got my head around the memory play bit or why the need for it.

For me to spend my money on it, which is definitely tight right now, I feel that it should be completely stable and work fully. PM does not appear to be able to do that right now, although as I stated it does appear to be on the right path. I may wait for a while to see how it pans out.

Ryan

reduces resource overhead and enables gapless playback (live albums, concept albums. classical etc.) of any that you tag that way in iTunes.

Steve

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

Phil,

I had to go to AudioMidi and set the sample rate to 96 khz. Then I could select upsample successfully in the options for PM. The red streaming info at the top of the PM interface will tell you it is upsampling once you're in that mode. It didn't seem to upsample independently of the AudioMidi switch.

I've also had strange distorted playback sometimes after a while running PM. Has anybody else had that?

OK I got pM to play 24 bit 192k. Yea!!!

How I did it:

Go to Prefs/ Advance Audio Setup/

Set the Output AND Input device (For the Lynx In My case) to 192k

Set max rate to 192k

Hit ok

it will then work in 24/192

And it does sound , to my poor ears, "Better".

Also PM seems to be playing itunes "Play lists" without stopping...

Great!