IGNORED

SOtM sNH-10G - SOtM’s first network switch

12 hours ago, tedwoods said:

The switch looks smashing! (and expensive...:D)

I wonder if the upcoming product from Uptone, which is 10/100, can work with the gigabit SOtM endpoints?

I don't see why not, we don't need gigabit for audio. 

ChrisG

Bend, OR

• 3 months later...
On 7/31/2018 at 6:42 AM, juniorbudel said:

I ordered the sNH-10G at the local distributor, priced at about 750 USD, expected to arrive in late August.

I am very hopeful with the positive results of this switch in setup.

Interesting...they aren't taking orders on their website yet.

ChrisG

Bend, OR

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, EnjoyTheMusicNow said:

Noted and certainly no offense taken. I'm sure there will always be a limiting factor in the chain. In this case you are simply calling out that you think that limiting factor will now become my DAC.

Just to clarify. The only components that I do not own currently are the switch and the USBultra, plus power supplies. If I stick with the SPS500s for now, the total added would be around $4K.

I do plan to move up to a DAVE DAC in the future. I'm curious to see if the rumors about a new version of DAVE will be true.

While I haven't visited head-fi for a long time, there was/(is?) a dedicated Chord thread in their forums and Chord's digital guru, Robert Watts, regularly chimed in, or at least he used to, and he was quite willing to answer people's questions on all things Chord DACs.

And while I'm sure you'll be able to get more clarity on what the M-Scaler does on that thread, from what I remember (as a former DAVE owner, but never owned the M-scaler), the M-Scaler adds to the number of "taps" that the DAVE already has and boosts the total to one million taps (actually 1,015,808 taps) which, according to Watts, solves timing issues when DACs reconstruct an analog signal. For this reason, it isn't anything like a USB decrapifier which the USBultra basically is. 

If you don't feel like going to headfi, start here with this article https://www.stereophile.com/content/chords-million-tap-digital-filter or use the Google and search for "watts chord taps" and you'll find lots of info on it. 

Ok, now, let's get back to the SOtM sNH-10G (name kinda rolls off the tongue...not) - any further updates from owners? 😉

ChrisG

Bend, OR