IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Bricki said:

Just use a multi meter and do a continuity check between your metal shielded plugs at each end. If your Ethernet cable doesn't have metal plugs then you are already fine. I checked Supra cat8 and the shield is tied to the plug at each end.... I checked my Audioquest and they are not connected. 

The supra cat8 is connnected on both sides and the Audioquest on one side, the recieving side

41 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Which end is the “receiving” end? Ethernet data flows in both directions! x-D

🤣 I just write something out of boredom because my EtherRegen is stil on the road, flight or boat with USPS, does not know where he is and when he will come, while FedEX already delivered a week ago 😢🥵

50 minutes ago, Superdad said:

We ship in bulk to our dealers—who in turn ship to their customers (mostly in their local regions). If we drop-shipped, then what would be the point of having dealers? 9_9

AfterDark in Hong Kong will be receiving 90 EhterREGENs from the December batch. But due to tight production timeline (less than half of our 250 circuit boards arrived just yesterday, with the rest not arriving until next week >:(), we told AfterDark we would ship 45 units on about the 10th, and the other 45 by the 19th. We ship via fast FedEx—arrival to them takes 4 days at most. So getting your order from Hong Kong by the 22nd really depends upon where you are in that dealers queue. (And I do not know if they have fully pre-sold their 90 December unit’s.)

Just to be clear for others: If you have a direct order with us for a December-batch EtherREGEN, it will ship on time by December 12th, exactly as promised.  And those of you who are overseas and chose the $34 FedEx Express option (same price as slower Priority Mail Intl.), we use the faster FedEx Priority (not Economy) service which, to most of Europe and Asia is just 2-4 days.

Yes that’s right, if i can give a tip, choose fedex over USPS, my etherregen was 1,5 weeks longer on the road with USPS and no view for more then a week where he was.