IGNORED

Headphones vs Speakers.....Go!

On 3/28/2018 at 5:22 PM, hdo said:

You need to take laws of physics into account: inertia and momentum of drivers. Speaker drivers are very heavy. They cannot move fast to produce accurate sound. This is well-known fact! That's why they adopt alternative technology such as magnetic planar and electro-static. Electro-static force is very weak force. So it cannot generate volume. Magnetic planar uses stronger magnetic force. Perfect for headphones. But it cannot extend to speaker level naturally. You need over-engineering like Magnepan speakers.

This is nonsense.  Clearly you have an agenda or you have not actually heard any good systems with good speakers and proper set up.

I prefer speakers in every way, but do listen to headphones for travel, and testing new gear builds.  I do own planar magnetic 'phones, Audeze EL-8s and iSine 20s, both have good sound, but they certainly are not capable of retrieving more detail than my speaker set up.

While it is true that a headphone set up at the same price as a complete speaker set up can retrieve more detail, overall speakers are better in every way when you have a good system.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

18 hours ago, hdo said:

You will never enjoy "high-resolution" sound with speakers as mandated by the laws of physics. High-resolution headphones' common frequency range is 10Hz ~ 50KHz that speakers never match. Headphone drivers are small. So it lacks bass volumes. But it can be easily corrected with bass boosting using equalizer of player software. Once you this setup, you will enjoy bass with headphones.

Are you a bat?  I guess listening to live music is not "high-resolution" then...  More nonsense.

I have nothing against headphones, and use them myself sometimes.  But I will always prefer my speaker system, as it comes much closer to reproducing a real, live, musical event.

I am concerned why anyone would be so adamant arguing such a lost cause???

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

27 minutes ago, Nordkapp said:

But what do I know, I'm stupid, I like class D amps too. 

Me too!

SONORE computer audio