IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR4 PSU

38 minutes ago, austinpop said:

You know you're an audiophile when...

...you become a Brexit expert to predict GBP-USD fluctuations to pick the perfect day to pay for your next SR4/SR7.

:D

Thats so funny. I went through the same thing when I ordered my SR7 a couple months ago, and when I ordered my SR4 this morning (I’m a bit ashamed to confess, but those are the only two times I’ve paid attention to Brexit)

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

• 1 month later...

Congratulations! To clarify, did you order it in February, or is this the February scheduled ship batch that is currently shipping?

(I ordered one in March, with a target June ship date)

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

• 1 year later...

As I traveled backwards on my internet chain, I kept shaking my head in disbelief that better power and cables that far upstream could be audible.  Everything in that chain seems to be cumulative.  I have one of Alexey's DXP dual regulated PS's powering my fiber ONT and EdgeRouter X, but I suspect my Paul Hynes SR4 may be better still (I just haven't had the heart to put a Paul Hynes supply in a communication closet...yet)

I was only half joking in my Extreme review about breaking in to the fiber concentrator up the street and hacking in a better power supply ;)