IGNORED

JVS Cheerleads an MQA CD..Sis Boom Bah!

4 hours ago, realhifi said:

I have.  I have read it online and just received the print version of the magazine and to be honest was distracted by other articles in it and (stupidly) missed it in the contents section.  Now, I've said it a number of times so I don't think it needs said again that I flat out missed it.

Your contention isn't that I'm blind for missing it (I somewhat could accept that) but that I am a liar.  That's not cool my friend. 

You don't need to defend yourself anymore. Too many people around here have gotten paranoid and love to accuse  others of being liars. It's easy to do if you don't have to actually prove it. All that matters for them is that you've done something they consider suspicious.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, Brinkman Ship said:

JVS has had to correct him self numerous times after his initial post because he literally just made stuff up.

Here is is latest embarrassment-A PORTION of his last comment.

"Mastering Engineer Robert Ludwig explains to me that the way records are made follows this progression: Recording, mixing, mastering, and distribution. While the non-MQA files sounded a bit dry to me, Bob thought the sound "lovely and totally appropriate to the music.

For the record, John Kilgore mixed the two pieces with Grammy Award-winning producer Judith Sherman and Steve Reich sitting right next to him. Both approved the mix, and were happy with what they heard. Bob says, "As usual, I try to take everything that is given to me and make it sound better. So I mastered it as I have done for every Nonesuch project in my career." In other words, every mix of this recording has been mastered by Bob.He continues, "After mastering it, I thought that there was one more thing that it needed, and that was something I cannot do by myself, and that was to have MQA de-blur added to it."

https://www.stereophile.com/content/first-major-label-mqa-cd-steve-reich-nonsesuch#wa5wjBWkgg4AHMoo.03

We have a definitive statement that Bob Ludwig did NOT IN FACT "master" the MQA version. There ARE NO MASTERING TOOLS FOR MQA.

He had to have the process done AFTER THE FACT..to the files that the artist and production team PREVIOUSLY approved.

MQA is a total lie and it is ADDITIONAL UNNECESSARY PROCESSING. 

You just forgot to include the lines where BL says he had it sent away for MQA processing b/c he knew it would improve the sound, and it did. 

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

50 minutes ago, Brinkman Ship said:

Exactly. No one in the room during the final mix gave a toss or a micro second of consideration to MQA.

Let's look at the logic of this claim about MQA..Golden Ears Ludwig masters it to everyone's satisfaction at 24/96.then sends it off the the MQA Magic Factory, which through out bits and caused aliasing, to 'deblur".

If anyone believes that it sounded better,  and is a superior product to the pure master, well then....what a farce.

Part of my point was that Ludwig says it sounded better:

I could tell that the MQA was going to help it a lot, and it did! As usual, an engineer does their very best to make the best musical product they can make. Then in this case, a piece of technology does something that nothing else can do! It is quite remarkable."\

10 hours ago, eclectic said:

They willingly sold. Acquisition makes it sound like a hostile takeover. 

How is any of this relevant? They are now an independent company with their own intellectual property. You don't want the product, fine.

The product will succeed or fail on its own. I'm sure the vast majority of subscribers neither know or care where it came from or how it was developed. Why should they?

8 hours ago, Spacehound said:

I don't know its previous history but it was a complete failure under Meridian's control, as most things 'Meridian' are.

Both It and Roon are ******* pointless. Only  obsessives ever read 'cover notes' , and even they have to be bored to do it,  and Sooloos/Roon have even more drivel.

And then there are Roon's dopey 'endpoints' It's all bollox.

I'm glad you straightened that out for all the subscribers who enjoy Roon and what it adds to their listening experience. 

We all now know that we need counseling for our obsessive compulsions, are bored, engage in pointless behavior,  and are dopey.

And you're the guy that said he doesn't have "beliefs"? What's your above statement? Doesn't sound like your are expressing an opinion, but telling the rest of the world what the "facts" are.  But you seem to be confusing your opinions with fact.