IGNORED

The new generation UltraCap LPS-1.2: USER IMPRESSIONS and QUESTIONS thread

Just wanted to let you know my LPS-1.2 arrived in Malaysia a couple of days ago and at my home at lunchtime today (27th).

Initial observations are mind-blowingly good. I added the Oyaide/Beldon Star-quad DC cable which is yet another level upwards in performance. Been playing non-stop for 8 hours now. No fatigue. Just the odd tear rolls down my cheek from the awesome expression coming through now.

The LPS-1.2 is powering a microRendu into a Chord DAVE dac and Focal Utopia Headphones.

The air around the musical notes and particularly DAVE's strength of accurate timbre just got a whole lot better by communicating the emotion of the music (hence some tears occasionally). The background is now so quiet (or is that "black") that the low level recorded signals of Holly Cole on her Temptation album can be heard to ask somebody "was that alright?" I knew she talks on one track at the end but was always hard to pick out but the voices are so full of texture and placed front-and-centre that these asides from artists are now clearly audible.

Anyway further observations will have to wait as I am off on a short trip tomorrow for 10 or so days.

Cheers and thanks for a great product guys.

GG

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Geoff1954 said:

My LPS 1.2 just arrived and I notice one odd  behavior that I don't understand.

I have it plugged in to a microRendu. I do not leave the power turned on over night. When I push the LPS power button it goes green. However the power lights on the microRendu do NOT light up, even if I wait a few minutes. To see the lights on the microRendu I need to unplug the LPS from the other device and plug it back in again. Then the two lights on the microRendu come on.

Is this normal? Does it indicate I have done something wrong? Thanks!

Mine does exactly the same thing. So just a quick unplug and plug back in when the green light appears works.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Superdad said:

Larry's Gotham cable did nice things for the SU-1, but I was not at all prepared for the magnitude of difference it made as the cable for the microRendu!  Bass depth and detail, ...

I can assure you that the Ghent Gotham JSSG also offers a huge magnitude of difference to my LPS-1.2 powered UltrRendu particularly through the Shunyata Research Denali filtration power system. The bass definition and musicality is the most noticeable followed by prominent but ultra smooth yet detailed highs. The coherent musical presentation at seemingly all frequencies is so natural and those timbres of acoustic instruments make the performance palpable.

Regards

GG

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, littlecx said:

Just got my lps-1.2. i found that it is quite hot when running. is it normal?

My LPS-1.2 runs quite hot meaning I can touch it for a few seconds. I have it set to 7 Volts output for the UltraRendu (The UlraRendu runs at almost body temperature as it is neither cool nor warm to the touch). So that is my normal for the record.

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, rjanderjr said:

I am using the LPS-1.2 to power this fiber optical ethernet switch:  https://mikrotik.com/product/crs305_1g_4s_in.  The Power specs on the switch are:

DC jack input Voltage 12-57 V 
Max power consumption 18 W 
Max power consumption without attachments 10 W

Will this work?  It is working fine for me and I wonder if I might be overloading it?  

Depending on the SFP+ transceivers power usage, you might overload it. Optical SFP+ range between 1 and 2 watts usually. Startup usually sucks more power than just using. So if you have just one SFP+ optic transceiver you may overload the LPS-1.2. If you choose to use a copper wire (normal) ethernet SFP+ adapter then you will definitely overload the LPS-1.2 as they take up to 4W.

So safer and better to look at the JS-2 which can supply up to 60W at 12 volts.

Regards

GG