IGNORED

Piano 2.1 issues - NO RESPONSE FROM ALLO

Biarritz

Hi,

I have been looking for the correct place to post these questions.

I have the Allo Piano 2.1 in combination with Kali en Rpi 3. Since the beginning I have issues with it.

1. pop when switching tracks: when clicking next track it pops when the rack is stopped and pops again when the new track starts.
  2. popping when using alsa equalizer: when I pauze a track or when I stop a countinuous popping sound can be heard (combined with PiCorePlayer).
  3. DietPi-Justboom additional options for Piano 2.1: I'm unable to use the subwoofer mode. Only 2.0 can be used/selected.
  4. Better documentation for PurePath: I'm not a IT developer and would like to use this option. Could there be a more dummy explanation on using Pure Path and converting and copying the files to the DAC?

Come on guys I love this soundcard, but information is scarce and scattered

Thanks,

Biarritz

On 2/13/2018 at 7:04 PM, Biarritz said:

Hi,

I have been looking for the correct place to post these questions.

I have the Allo Piano 2.1 in combination with Kali en Rpi 3. Since the beginning I have issues with it.

1. pop when switching tracks: when clicking next track it pops when the rack is stopped and pops again when the new track starts.
  2. popping when using alsa equalizer: when I pauze a track or when I stop a countinuous popping sound can be heard (combined with PiCorePlayer).
  3. DietPi-Justboom additional options for Piano 2.1: I'm unable to use the subwoofer mode. Only 2.0 can be used/selected.
  4. Better documentation for PurePath: I'm not a IT developer and would like to use this option. Could there be a more dummy explanation on using Pure Path and converting and copying the files to the DAC?

Come on guys I love this soundcard, but information is scarce and scattered

Thanks,

Biarritz

Hi ,

Please verify the pop sound with dietpi software. On this select Piano 2.1 hardware for the sub woofer.( on allo web GUI or dietpi-config)

Already precofigured dsp files are avaolable on Dietpi OS, no need to d it again with  purepath.

Allo.com Tech. Support

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply. The pop sound is not a Dietpi issue. I have tried piCorePayer as well and there the same pop.

I have The Allow web gui on my Dietpi image and can select the correct config file, but I unable to select 2.1. or 2.2 subwoofer.

I want to use purepath for more flexiblility and equalizer functionality.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

On RPI dietpi 6.4 version piano dac dsp firmware folder not included.

please refer below link for downloading the firmware to board.

https://github.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/tree/master/piano-firmware

ssh root login

cd /usr/src

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/master/piano-firmware/piano-firmware.tar

tar -xvf piano-firmware.tar -C /lib/

then configure the DAC 2.1 mode.

Allo.com Tech. Support

• 9 months later...