IGNORED

Adding a pre amp

Mustu

On 2/12/2018 at 2:50 PM, mustafakaiser said:

Hello guys.

At the moment I have a PS Audio Direct stream DAC with a JEFF ROWLAND 625S2 power amp and use SOTM set of 3. I am thinking to add the PS audio BKH pre amp. 

Can anyone shed some light on this?  

Cheers

Sounds like you need to start visiting Pass, Rowland, ARC and CJ dealers. I hear Chris likes/owns Constellation.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

3 minutes ago, diecaster said:

You can certainly have the cold "accuracy" of solid state preamps and amps along with their harsh odd order harmonics and hard clipping. I'll take the gradual clipping and musical even order harmonics of tubes. Even if there is more of it.

hmm. Tube transformers suck. Go Berning :)

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

8 hours ago, GUTB said:

When was the last time one of you guys has been to a live music venue? Last time for me was a jazz club in Chicago (Andy's). Live music is NOT transparent. It's warm, rich in harmonics, and very dynamic. The creation of that harmonic fabric, the creation of a believable soundstage, and powerful dynamic expression are vastly more important than transparency.

hmm. You just described the starting points for transparency. Full transparency requires more... the ability to easily focus on the playing of accompanying lines in the music by individual instruments. And yes this happens where the hall is good. I hate having to settle for a bad hall where accompanying instrument voices get blurred behind the main melodic theme... I want to hear clearly everything that the composer and artists intended the audience to hear.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system