IGNORED

Article: Pono is Officially Dead

I agree about the management issues, but at least the fish rots from the head down. Sorry for the lèse-majesty, but NY is for sure outstanding as an artist but not necessarily as CEO or businessman.

The PonoMusic store is history, XStream not more than marketing cover for the Neil Young Archives and the current PonoCommunity presumably will move with a new name to another host but I still hope that there will be a successor of the PonoPlayer in form of a next generation DAP "powered by Ayre" because, beside all the weak points of the supplement to the Ayre designed D/A heart of the PP, from the display or battery to sync speed of internal memory, it is still one of the best sounding DAPs in the market.

Perhaps there is an established market actor for e.g. headphones or IEMs in search of an own high quality mobile player as complement product, willing to manufacure and offer an top sounding own branded DAP, with digital and analog stages designed by Ayre to a fair price, in memoriam Charles Hansen. According to Martin Luther King Jr.: "I have a dream..."