IGNORED

Article: Pono is Officially Dead

Sad but inevitable. I bought into it and hoped they would make it. I still have a player that I continue to use and enjoy when I travel. it has it's issues but still sounds good. 

Some comments on the above comments:

-They weren't cheaper than other places most of the time for their music. The Pono store was usually more expensive than other sources. In other sources I include getting the CD from Amazon and ripping it myself. 

-The Pono promise was real as I benefited from it on several purchases.

-Agree it went downhill when Neil brought in his buddies. I was very active on the forum at the beginning but when Neil brought in his buddies they were very condescending and insulting towards me on several occasions which totally turned me off. 

-The Pono store was pretty much doomed from the beginning as they were licensing the source material and thus we beholden to whomever they could get it from. This went pretty much against their original premise of only sourcing hi-res, curated, yada, yada, yada, material. They were never going to be able to pull that one off as the music business is WAY too entrenched.