IGNORED

The Best for the Least

4 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

You just keep repeating what i already agreed to disagree with....we just have different understandings.  If I am a minority, that is fine too.  Any method of time sampling is inferior to the whole, no matter what frequency.

https://phys.org/news/2013-02-human-fourier-uncertainty-principle.html

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

12 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

If you sample at twice the "whole" it IS the whole. If you do not wish to understand that why should we care?

I couldn't care less whether you cared or not .

I simply presented a link that may be of interest to others, and I made NO comments about the contents of that link !

I would be surprised if you even bothered to read the contents of that link, after all, you are the man from IBM, and " knows everything that needs to be knowed"  !

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

1 minute ago, pkane2001 said:

I’d like to see you give up all that science made possible.

And I would like to see acknowledgement that Scientists also made many stuff ups along the way before they got them  right.

E.E's aren't Gods as some E.E.s would like to portray them (well one, anyway), they are humans with the same fallibilities as other mere mortals  (well most appear to be)

1 minute ago, pkane2001 said:

Enlighten us as to what helps improve hi-fi  more than science? (OK, alcohol and certain drugs, yes, but what else?)

Performance reports from the customers that help pay the scientists' wages !

e.g. The original CD players designed by Philips and Sony that were far from perfect as claimed.

3 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Why? Do you also believe that Nyquist was wrong? And what do EEs have to do with basic science?

As I made clear previously., I simply provided access to another viewpoint, I made no comment either way.

28 minutes ago, Fluffytime said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to weigh them down with SET or old-School A/B leadslead amps?

Is a 125KG Astronaut any less likely to bump into the ceiling than a 75KG Astronaut ?

George

Some years back a friend of mine who is an Amateur Radio person did some pirate FM Stereo transmissions using CDs for the source material. His transmissions were by far the best sounding on the whole FM band !

Apparently his transmissions were receivable for more than just a few KM , as he was living in a higher area of Sydney, and it was just as well he stopped when he did !

Apparently, the authorities became aware of them, but they were too late to catch him.

Regards

Alex

29 minutes ago, semente said:

Most acoustic instruments don't produce sound above 20kHz at significant/audible levels.

Incorrect.

http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~boyk/spectra/spectra.htm

Most adults don't hear sound above 20kHz.-

Yes.

Most mics roll-off the top close to 20kHz. -

Not necessarily. The better Studio type microphones easily exceed that.
Barry Diament's microphones are only 1dB down at 40KHZ.

Some of Barry's recordings have genuine musical information to as high as 57 KHZ !!!

There wouldn't be much point in using microphones that roll off around 20KHZ with 24/192 or DSD recordings, would there ?

Many speakers produce nasty resonances just above 20kHz.

More recent well designed speakers don't, and often have a usable frequency response to 35KHZ.

Mosquitoes are annoying because of the sound they make.

Mosquitos are even more annoying because they suck your blood !

http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_mosquito.php