IGNORED

Article: iFi Audio: A Highly Modern Approach to Product Design and Marketing

17 hours ago, feelingears said:

Just $0.02 since this is a generalist/business article: iFi's ecosystem is a bit overblown for me. The individual pieces or combination of functions makes for a confusing product line which makes me turn to other manufacturers.

I like iFi products in principle but I find their product line too "confusing," meaning I spend more time than I would like trying to figure out what I "need" let alone want. Their marketing is a wee bit slick for my taste (e.g., noise reduction from fighter jets?!?) so combined with the feature and product confusion, I've found I buy other brands because they're "easier" to understand and thus pull the trigger.

Still, I own two of their iPower adapters and am toying around with the idea of an iTube. Yes, after having spent more time than I wanted reading up on these devices! So maybe having two or three offerings for each step in the digital chain works for them, and that's largely what matters in business. And I'd have to admit a little more choice is often better than less.

Agree with this. It's extremely difficult to figure out which piece(s) you need. Names are also similar, which adds further confusion.

I've also found that dealers are also uninformed. It's more than they can keep up with. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)