IGNORED

AVR suggestions

mansr

I could use an updated AV preamp.  So have been watching to see what suggestions were made.  It is inconvenient that to buy just a good pre/with processing and balanced outs costs several times more than the more expensive AV receivers with all of the processing and power amps included.  Even to settle for RCA outs you seem to get short shrift and pay what a good AVR costs.  

I would probably get the Outlaw if it were $300 cheaper.  Or the $599 Emotiva MC700 if not for the reports of all kinds of software bugs and QC issues.  

I am not as keen on streaming.  I believe that is an area that will change quite a bit over coming years long before the pre/pro otherwise becomes useless.  So a streaming add on suits me better.   

A tough piece of gear to get the way you want it right now.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

43 minutes ago, rn701 said:

Denon AVR-X6300 or really just an X4300 on sale.

How is the interface to setting up or adjusting that unit?  Denon used be a goto recommendation.  Once they took over Marantz seems they do their best work on the Marantz  brand.  Suddenly Denon units were quite frankly retarded.  One ended up hating anything to do with them.  Very frustrating to use.  So they still made really nice performing gear and handicapped it with terrible interface decisions. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.