IGNORED

On the subject of "ringing"

semente

We spend a huge amount of time arguing about the audible benefits/detriments of stuff where those arguing pro or con provide absolutely no data to support their claims.

So when we discover an area where we have data that clearly supports an impact on sound waves, the first thing everyone does is deny it can make a difference???

Is audio that special breed of science where data is irrelevant and "I heard a difference" is the gold standard???

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

So, in summary, ringing does exist in audio replay based on the audio signal being reproduced, and the combination of sample rate and filter parameters. Whether it can be heard is dependent on the person listening, and the music being listened to, in addition to the aforementioned criteria.

Regards,

Shadders.

I think this appropriately summarizes 8 pages of posts that don't do very much to shed light on the subject. 

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)