IGNORED

Installing the UpTone Audio MMK in a 2014 Mac mini

I have ALMOST completed this modification successfully, (after having to purchase a separate tool kit as the 2014 needs a T5 Torx to remove the wireless card, which I am not sure really needed to be done looking at it now, but it is what it is and here we are) 

I have watched the rebuilt on youtube and it looks so EASY but in my photo below I have circled my problem, and try as I might, I just CANNOT get these to snap back on in place.. I removed them properly with a spudger.   I am THIS close to completing this mod and I have a Proforma LPS just waiting for to power it up   

thumbnail.jpg

IMG_3450.jpg

On 7/13/2019 at 12:50 PM, musicguy said:

So,  I am completely blown away how good the mod works.  Its like rediscovering my music again.  And I dont even have a js-2 yet.  I plan on getting one for sure.  

musicguy

exactly my first thoughts.  How can the power supply on the source make this much difference???  USB is galvanically isolated, Power on DAC/AMP and PC on different grounds potentials.  

But SOMETHING is different.  I can't think of why.  I just know what I hear.  Wow.  

Just dowloaded a software fan monitor and its chugging along at 1800 rpm with temps around 40 dec. Cel.,  

Perfect.  All working, working great, sounding amazing.  Still has to be one the best 'bang for the buck' upgrades I have ever done.  

Turns the Mac Mini into a truly respectable audiophile music server.