IGNORED

Article: Schiit Audio Yggdrasil Analog 2 Released

Sooooo.... This means the v2 Yggdrasil has been in the wild and in owners' hands for 2-3 months, but none of those people knew it?

And any of them could have listened their new v2 and maybe their original v1 or a friend's v1 or some audio shop's v1, then bought their v2, and never noticed any difference? 

Or any of them could have heard a v1 before, compared it to other DACs, liked it, ordered one online, actually received a v2, and hen thought the v2 sounded just like the v1 they'd heard before?

It's strange to think about all that happening...

Anyway, good for Schiit. It's nice to see the Yggdrasil get an update and finally join most of Schiit's other products that have been upgraded/improved since release. And $500, or maybe $600 if you get a USB gen 5 at the same time, is a pretty small price to pay when you consider the very few other vendors that even offer component upgrades to all or any of their DACs.

14 hours ago, Vince.s said:

No doubt that Yggdrasil is a great DAC for the price but nobody noticed that they have been using the V2 it for the past 4 to 5 months since they started shipping V2 without announcement?

Someone must have heard the V1 before buying and not knowing that they received the V2.

Now that it is in the open, suddenly every owner will say that the V2 is fantastic.

Well worth the 500$ ungrade cost.

Could it be all in the mind?  Suddenly their Yggy V2 is so much better sounding.

Same old DAC, some old system but different frame of mind.

If i owned the V1, i will think twice upgrading.

Yup, that's pretty much what I'm wondering. If no one spoke up saying "damn, my Yggdrasil objectively sounds different and better than my friend's" or anything along those lines, then I've really got to wonder if the upgrade is worth it. That's like real blind testing and no one noticed...

Anyway, it's just a funny thing to think about and I'm sure there won't be any downside to upgrading. If nothing else, your resale value will be recouped 9_9

On 19/01/2018 at 9:14 PM, firedog said:

Not in real life. How many people with a Yggy 2 just happen to have a close by friend with a Yggy 1? Maybe 2 or 3 in the world?  And if they did notice a difference, how do you know they are among the tiny minority that also participates in net forums?

Firstly, I'm not trying to stir up shit here, and I mostly think you're a nice guy/poster and Schiit's a fine company, but you're talking out your ass.

"Maybe 2 or 3 in the world?"

How could you, the fellow forumite, have any clue how many gen 1 DACs are it there or where they are? Nor how many gen 2 DACs they shipped over a 3 month timespan, including Christmas? Then, how many of those buyers had a gen 1 Yggdrasil for reference? And lastly, how many of those people have joined the digital age and enjoy posting online? 

My feeling, and since you don't have MoT in your signature, is zero clue. You have no basis for stating those numbers or whether they may be low or high. 

I'm not into conspiracy theories, I raised an honest question since it was confirmed the gen 2s were in the wild, unannounced, for 3 months. And now, we have Schiit saying it took them 4 years to finally make a noticeably improved DAC. 

I find it odd and interesting that none of the unaware owners mentioned it online, at least as far as I've seen. 

I'm happy Schiit upgraded their shit. And it's interesting they did a cold release and there's no user feedback on it. 

10 hours ago, firedog said:

A lot of words, all missing the point.

So in short, my scenario is way more likely than yours and based on numbers that have been reported, not blind assumptions. 

What's my scenario? I said your numbers were fabricated because you don't work for Schiit and couldn't know them. I didn't say estimate, and neither did you when you said 2 or 3 around the world. 

I purported no shipping numbers, I claimed no units in hands, nor posters on forums. I said "it's interesting", and clearly and directly stated I'm happy with their work. 

Go fight your fanboy battle with paper tigers elsewhere.