IGNORED

Respectable Integrateds

27 minutes ago, GUTB said:

Quick research into the topic shows the opposite.

"Integrated can be just as good or better than separate" is a truism, but a meaningless one. Audio gear exists in reality, not in rhetoric. In the reality of design contradictions placed on designers trying to bring gear to market, integrated is a trade-off in the favor of cost. Everyone here perfectly understands this, but some of you guys are saddled with the need for me to be wrong.

The guy with all the answers.  Too bad they are overwhelmingly the wrong answers.  But answers he has.  Definitive, authoritative, confident, and usually wrong.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

On 1/3/2018 at 11:49 PM, Rexp said:

It seems to me that amplifier technology is about to change, even doyens of pre amp techology, Conrad Johnson are releasing integrated amps with passive pre amp stages :http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/conrad-johnson-cav-45-integrated-amplifier/

2153.jpg

Related image

I owned a CJ PV5 preamp and MV50 power amp years back.  Both delightful pieces of gear.  I used the MV50 eventually with a home built passive preamp because it bested the PV5 as a preamp.  I kept the PV5 for the excellent phono stage it had however. Had it until I divested myself of LP gear altogether.  

The MV50 was replaced by a VTL 75/75 which spent several years playing my Quad ESL63 speakers.  

My already stated opinion on all this is keep it all digital as far as possible into the playback chain, and no reason integrateds need take a back seat to separates.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.