IGNORED

Software for DSD playback from Mac Mini to Ayre QB-9 DSD

Hunter34

I have a MacMini feeding an Ayre QB-9 DSD for the past few years. I also have an Oppo BDP-105 that I use to make backup copies of my DSDs to my MacMini. 

I've been using Pure Music all along and have been pretty happy with it. I can use Apple's Remote software to control iTunes which plays back via Pure Music. I can also sync all of my new music (but not DSD) with my iPhone's music library. (Which is why I haven't looked at other inputs to the Ayre.)

Since upgrading to High Sierra, I can't get Pure Music to play DSD. It immediately crashes. I just updated to the latest OSX fix pack  (10.13.2 as of 12/11/17) hoping it would fix the problem, but it's still immediately crashes when I select a DSD file to play. 

Anyone else playing DSD files on High Sierra to an external USB DAC? 

I thought I'd ask before restoring a Time Machine backup to back level OSX to Sierra. I've only added a couple of albums since that backup, so I don't mind doing a full restore to Sierra in order to get DSD playback. Unless there is something else I should consider. (Must use iTunes library so I can sync with my other Apple devices.)

Pure Music->Mac Mini->Ayre QB9 DSD->Parasound Halo JC-2->pair of Emotiva XPA-5->Linkwitzlab LX521

Oppo BDP-105D, Dynavector XX-2 MkII->Linn Akito->Systemdek->Parasound Halo JC-3+

18 minutes ago, Miska said:

Yes... No problems so far...

ok... and? What software are you using for playback?

Pure Music->Mac Mini->Ayre QB9 DSD->Parasound Halo JC-2->pair of Emotiva XPA-5->Linkwitzlab LX521

Oppo BDP-105D, Dynavector XX-2 MkII->Linn Akito->Systemdek->Parasound Halo JC-3+