IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

• 1 month later...

A new version of the measurement- and filter-creation part of the software (version 2.2.0) was released earlier this week. The main difference seems to be that the stereo image is now skewed heavily to the right instead of to the left.

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, DSD256 said:

Latest Dirac live & latest Processor:

It's hard to believe that a software that is supposed to cost 350€, has a professional claim, is not able to find standard audio outputs.
I recommend the developers to install Reaper in parallel...then you will see how it works.

Reaper finds my Yggdrasil DAC as well as the UMIK-1 without problems, on both systems, win10 pro and catalina...and is ready for operation.

Dirac Live fails...does not find ANY audio outputs or even the UMIK-1 on both systems: No devices found

Do your homework first, before you waste my time, learn how to properly connect audio inputs and outputs.

I'm out for good now. This is silly people. Good bye Dirac

The short version: Dirac Live isn't supposed to find any audio outputs – only inputs. The audio is output from the Processor plugin.

The longer version:

• The error message "No devices found." means that Dirac Live (the measurement application) is unable to find the Dirac Live Processor (the convolver plugin). In order for Dirac Live to be able to find the Processor, the latter must first be running in a suitable host such as Reaper, which you seem to have access to.
  • When Dirac Live has connected to the Processor plugin (running in e.g. Reaper) you will be shown a list of all available recording devices and should be able to select the UMIK-1. The audio output is not selected in Dirac Live, but in the host application running the Processor plugin.
  • The Dirac Live application remotely controls the Processor plugin, telling it to output test tones using the output device selected in your host application (e.g. Reaper), i.e. the audio is output from the Processor and not from Dirac Live.
  • If using Reaper, arm the input track for recording by clicking the track-button with the little circle on it so that it turns red. If using another host you may have to play an audio file to the Processor during measurement as detailed here: https://live.dirac.com/processor-step-by-step/
  • Note: If you use Reaper as a host for the Processor (as I do) you will of course have to route audio from your playback software to Reaper using e.g. Soundflower. To avoid this you could try using playback software that supports audio production plugins, e.g. JRiver Media Center or Audirvana (maybe Roon supports this too).

Hope this helps. Otherwise you might try the step-by-step I linked above or contact Dirac support.

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)