IGNORED

Errors of Mis-Placed Precision in Audiophility

Ralf11

3 hours ago, NOMBEDES said:

So I can buy “ Kind of Blue” at the used CD store for $5 or I can buy a high Rez download for $25.  I am guessing the “small significance” is not worth the extra money.  If you can hear the difference, go for it.

Uh, the KOB hi-res remasters are also better sounding even if you convert them to Redbook. They simply are a superior mastering done with more care and attention to detail than the typical versions you come across. Anyone can hear a difference. How much money that is worth to you is a different question. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

54 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Which one?  Serious question.  Isn't this one of the most remastered titles on the planet?

I think we were referring to the high res ones from a few years ago. They are the most recent digital ones, other than a DSD remaster.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

3 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

download only?  or is there an SACD that is superior?

Can’t remember all the details. I’m sure you can find the information if you look. 

5 hours ago, esldude said:

Why does no one comment on the obvious distortion on KOB?

It is a great recording, and one of my all time favorites.  But it has some distortion in places.  

True, but the 2013 hi-res has MUCH less than my CD and LP versions from the 70"s. For example, the opening of "So What" has very distorted horns on both of those, but in the high res it is much less noticeable/much reduced.