IGNORED

Does a DAC need a pre-amp

9 minutes ago, GUTB said:

I asked in the Head-Fi thread why Schiit seemed to be against torodial transformers. The legendary Jason Stoddard responded with an attack on torodials in audio...and then was corrected on several inaccuracies in his statements by some other other members.

It's  true that Mike Moffat was a name back when Theta was in the limelight. What ever happened to them?

Mike might be like a number of entrepreneurs, the "fun" and the challenge is in starting a new company and coming-up with innovative new products, not operating a company on a day-to-day basis, and I put the emphasis on MIGHT. 'Cuz I don't know one way or another. I do know that back in the 90's Moffat built a DAC for Theta called the Generation VII, that was so good that people who bought them still have them and won't sell them. Whether or not the Yggy is built upon concepts first explored in that $15K Theta design or not, I don't know either. I'd love to see somebody contrast a Theta Gen VII with the latest Yggy. Now that would be interesting.....

George